This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-6B - Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rev Thrust

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cvultejus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rev Thrust
    Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 1:08pm
Im not sure if Im doing something wrong but Rev does not seem to have any effect.  I have tried F2, that does nothing.  I have tried taking prop lever to REV then applying full throttle, that does nothing either. I see the prop pitch mechanism change on the pedestal, but I here no prop REV sound or see any change in ACFT deceleration.  I  looked through manual and I dont see this topic addressed.  In the checklist it says pull throttle back through gate to engage reverse.  This does not seem to have any effect. Confused
GaryT123 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryT123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 2:07pm
Hi cvultejus,

I don't own this but am strongly considering the purchase.  However, in my JF Hawker 800XP bizjet (and many of my jets), I have to hold down the F2 key in order to  get reverse thrust.  Is that something you have tried?  Please let me know as I really would like to buy this classic bird.

Cheers,
Gary,
Houston, TX  USA
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 2:19pm
The reverse prop can be engaged by holding F2. The DC-6 did have reverse thrust/prop and it is not left out of the model, but it’s not the same reverse that you might find on some more modern turboprops. The props had a fine pitch setting for ground handling which produced drag when applied. Going to fine pitch in the simulation will approximate the effect but we cannot apply a fine-pitch ground-handling code to this model, FSX would blow its top and reverse isn’t modelled on piston aircraft in FSX without custom gauges to circumvent the limitation. Reverse prop should be applied on landing to remove any element of forward thrust but shouldn’t be used for backing the aircraft out of gates etc.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
GaryT123 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryT123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 2:37pm
Thanks for the info, Martyn!!!  I certainly going to buy it.
DaveInIowa View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveInIowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 1:13am
Good Day,
Just purchased the DC-6 via FlightSim Pilot Shop.
Installed and then installed service pack for third party.
The reverse prop does not seem to have any effect on speed. The marlin bar deploys; the lights are on.
My previous experience with freeware was to activate marlin bar; then use throttles.
I understand f2 is used here. I have quickly decrease throttle (f2) on yoke button.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Dave
gxsmith View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gxsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 10:37am
When you land, yank the throttles all the way back and that engages reverse thrust and this will stop the aircraft down to 60 then start using the manual brake. F2 does nothing. I have had no problems doing this. Good luck
gxsmith
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic