This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hoe to compile WOAI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hoe to compile WOAI
    Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 8:33am
Hi,

Can someone walk me through how/where to install packages from World Of AI.
The aircraft seem to be installing but the flight plans are not.

Revs
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 8:46am
Hi,

This is a Traffic X forum. For help with World of AI please use their forum.
revs View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 7:06pm
I am using TrafficX thats whyy I posted. Thanks for nothing!
Chuck Morse View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Morse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 1:47am
If you are trying to use both TrafficX and WOAI then there are some things you need to know.  I have a mixed environment myself and it works quite well.  But there are many, many possible reasons for WOAI aircraft not showing up in FSX.  One of the tools I have found helpful is the FSX Traffic Toolbox, which is a part of the SDK.  If you are trying to diagnose missing traffic problems it can show you a great deal of information about all of the AI traffic in your system. 

The first thing that you need to remember about WOAI is that while it can be installed in FSX, the aircraft and the traffic bgl files were written for FS9.  Because of that there are some possible incompatibilities.  There are a couple of easy things to check for first.  The easiest is if you are running in DX10 preview mode, go back to DX9 mode and see if that makes a difference.  The second easy thing to do is to turn off the "aircraft casts shadows" (or something like that) option.  At some 3rd-party airports I had to do this to make the aircraft show up.  They were there, just invisible.

If neither of those make a difference (and even if they do), you will have to address the fact that the WOAI traffic bgl files are in FS9 format.  You cannot have a mixture of FS9 and FSX traffic files.  You can verify that these files are in FS9 format by running the scanner that Just Flight makes available on it's website.  You can find it in the tech support section for TrafficX.  It show you which traffic files are FS9 format.  The best tool I have fo fix this is AI Flight Planner (AIFP).   I am sure it can be found on avsim.com or flightsim.com.  It has an option to convert FS9 format traffic files to FSX format.  I had some difficulties making that work early on, so I reverted to a process where I actually did two installs of each WOAI package.  The first was the regular install, which installed the aircraft and the FS9 format traffic file.  Then I repeated the install, but specified that I wanted the original source (aircraft, airport and flightplan)  files installed.  Then I simply compiled the files into a new traffic bgl file,  replacing the one originally installed by the WOAI installer. 

So, if I were you I would do these things first.  It they don't help, they had to be done anyway.  Then you can start looking for other sources of your problem. 

I would like to repeat that I have found the traffic toolbox explorer extremely valuable in finding AI traffic problems.  If none of the things I suggested above solve your problem, the toolbox will be a big help in looking for other possible causes.
Chuck Morse
revs View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 7:57am
Hello Chuck,
Thanks you very much for your reply.
I have been experimenting before my post with a view that the bgl files were not compatible. However, your explanation now throws more light on the subject and I will have another crack at the problem.
Thanks once again, my faith is restored.
Regards Ron
KristianKolb12 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KristianKolb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 12:28am
JF Traffic X is a different program to WOAI.
The Lancaster isn't just a bomber.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic