This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I tried sending a request to tech support--honest!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I tried sending a request to tech support--honest!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I tried sending a request to tech support--honest!
    Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 1:29am
I know it's been requested that we don't post technical support questions here, but I don't know what else to do, as I've not received any replies to two separate messages (first one well over a week ago)...

So, if ANYBODY has any info that would help me, I'll be more than grateful!

My problems:

1) Float planes on ramp.

deHavilland Beavers (mostly -- I think I saw one other type as well) started appearing parked on the tarmac at numerous airports I'd visit. This is pretty quirky, and I'd like not to see that -- but I could overlook it, until they started trying to LAND at those airports, and prevented me from taking off or landing there myself! Anyone tried to TAXI a Beaver on asphalt??

2) Now I have no GA traffic at airports...

After a week of waiting on the creators of Traffic X to respond to my request for help, I decided that perhaps uninstalling Traffic X and reinstalling it might solve my problems. Well, it may have -- but I can't tell for sure because now I'm finding NO traffic at all at many different smaller GA airports I've been landing at recently. I find plenty of commercial traffic at larger airports, and even hear plenty of radio traffic for both commercial and GA, but the only smaller planes I'm finding right now are those provided by ORBX, if I'm in Orbx-land. Today, I'm flying around Arizona with Mega Scenery Earth, and right now at Deer Valley (for example), I'm at a reasonably large GA airport that feels like I just few into a Twilight Zone episode -- it's ABSOLUTELY deserted!! (With GA traffic set at 60% in FSX, and all scenery sliders maxed.)

I've explored the manual and tutorials, and while I am sometimes obtuse enough to miss the obvious, I do think I've tried all the "fixes" offered in there. I've installed the service pack for Traffic X, I've recompiled the Traffic X Flight Plans, I've modified the entries in the Fleet Database, etc... It isn't helping. (Oh, and is there a way to make the aircraft you additionally select in the Traffic Generator lists STAY, so they're still there the next time you fly?)

Anyway, if anyone has any experience with this program that might help me, I'd love to hear your ideas. I'm beginning to wonder if my reinstall was a big mistake (though I did it by the procedures recommended by the Traffic X manual).

Thanks in advance,
Drizzle
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 11:41am
Hi Drizzle,

I apologise for the lack of response from the support team, the bank holiday period and our presence at the York RailFest show has led to a backlog of support requests that we are working hard to clear.

You will receive a reply today.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Drizzle View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 1:15pm
Thanks for the reply, and I'll look forward to your response...

If you're still monitoring this page, I noticed last night that I've had one or two GA movements at these smaller airports now. However, in each case (and thinking back, even my Beaver problem was...) it seems that the small aircraft I'm seeing are Microsoft aircraft... Are there small aircraft generated by Traffic X that fly -- or are Traffic X's GA aircraft merely static? Also, I noticed in the control panel that it appears I should be able to add my add-on (such as Carenado) aircraft to the AI skies. Is this right? Or am I misunderstanding??

Thanks again.

In eager anticipation of solutions and greater understanding,
Drizzle
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 1:48pm
Yes you can add your own add-on aircraft as AI traffic: http://demos.justflight.info/jf/TrafficXTutorials/TrafficXTutorials-FleetDatabase.pdf

Traffic X makes use of the default GA aircraft and several of its own (e.g. C152).

You should have received a reply to your e-mail now.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Lawgiver View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawgiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 6:26am
Hello,

Just purchased Traffic X myself and have these same two issues.  Any chance the solutions can be posted here.  I really don't want to create a support ticket unless I have to.  I am sure you guys have better things to do.

Regards,
Rob
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 12:36am
Lawgiver,

The solution to this lies in getting Traffic X to REGENERATE the random traffic for GA planes (and Business aircraft) and then RECOMPILING the traffic database.

When you REGENERATE the random traffic, you UNTICK the BEAVER aircraft (and the GLIDERS and the TRIKE) and any other aircraft that you do not want to appear.  You may wish to keep the Trike, that is up to you, but Gliders are similar to the Beaver and have no way of taxiing.

By unticking these planes, when you regenerate the random GA traffic and the business traffic, Beavers (and Gliders and Trikes) will not appear at your GA airports.

Instructions:

Open the Traffic Control Centre program and go to the "Traffic Generator" screen.  Tick the planes that you want to appear, and UNTICK the planes that you DO NOT want to appear (ie, untick the Beaver [and the Gliders and the Trike]).  After doing this, RIGHT-CLICK in a BLANK area under "VFR aircraft" to bring up a little popup menu.  On that menu, select "save Selection".  This will save your choices for the next time when you come to this screen.  After doing that, RIGHT-CLICK again on a BLANK area to bring the popup menu back.  This time, select "generate Traffic." Wait until Traffic X has finished generating the traffic (you will see numbers on the screen counting to indicate the generation process).  When that is finished, RIGHT-CLICK yet again under "Business aircraft" to bring back the popup menu, and again select "generate Traffic." This will generate random traffic for the BUSINESS AIRCRAFT.  You now have generated traffic for the TICKED PLANES that you selected (which means NO BEAVERS [OR GLIDERS OR TRIKES] because you unticked those.

Finally, after Traffic X has generated all of this traffic for you, you will need to RECOMPILE the traffic database so that Traffic X can generate the AI file with these planes (and no Beavers etc) for FSX to use.  For instructions on how to do that, refer to this link here: How do I re-compile the traffic database?

After everything is done, run FSX ... you will see it updating the traffic database by showing you a percentage bar on the screen ... and then you should no longer have Beavers (or Gliders or Trikes).
Lawgiver View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawgiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 2:39am
Hi Freddy,

Thanks for posting this.  I appreciate it.

Regards,
Rob
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 12:31am
Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic