This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 737 Professional
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rate of Climb/decent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lmalopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rate of Climb/decent
    Posted: 31 May 2012 at 9:42pm
I just finished the tutorial for 737 Professional.  I must be blind, stupid or both because I was unable to find the instrument giving me the rate of climb or decent.  A little help please from you more experienced Sim Pilots.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 9:51pm
The VSI is immediately below the Altimeter.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
lmalopy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lmalopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 2:08am
Thanks Slopey.  The VSI gauge on my version is blank.  I'll contact tech support for a fix.
lmalopy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lmalopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 4:13am
After two weeks of emails to the tech support group and getting such astute advice such as "reload the software" - I find that I must now wait until a new fix is released by Just Flight.  It makes you wonder how a company can stay in busniss if they release a product that has such an obvious bug!  Cheerio Just Flight, you have just made a very disatisfied customer!
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 11:00am
Hi Larry,

I have replied to your e-mail. The issue you are encountering isn't a known bug but I will try to identify the cause for you. Please contact us if you feel unhappy with the response you have been given. We can't promise to spot all of the posts made in this forum, so its always best to come back to us with any concerns that you have.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
lmalopy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lmalopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 10:01pm

Martyn,

Here is what I have found so far.  In the tutorial, the gauge appears when you start up the APU and engage its generator, however it ceases to be visable after shifting to the engine driven generators (mousing over does give you a reading).  When selecting the 737 once another aircraft is loaded from "free flight", you get the plane and the VSI will appear and be functional if you start from a cold and dark condition.  If you try to start the engines using the CNTL + E sequence your engines will fail to start.  This works with all my other simulators made by microsoft.  Apparently the others set you up in the preflight condition that will enable the engines to start whereas the 737 does not.  No engines = no generators= no VSI.

theryanbradley View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theryanbradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 6:52pm
It's probably worth pointing out that the 737 Professional is far more advanced than the Microsoft standard aircraft and therefore it's worth fully learning the systems involved.

If you're using Ctrl + E to start the engines I think it's fair to say that you haven't learnt how the aircraft systems and procedures work fully.

Invest the time and you'll find that not only will it become easier but it will increase the reality of your sim experience 10x.
Many Thanks,

Ryan

There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician, the other is an artist in love with flight.
lmalopy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lmalopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 11:00pm
Sometimes you want a quick flight and the CNTL +E comes in handy.  If Just Flight had invested the time in development before they released 737, then I would be able to launch from the free flight page rather then shifting aircraft!
ayster View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 1:42pm
I mostly launch the 737 pro from create a flight, rather than having to load a scenario and change airplanes, never had any issues doing that. Also, the 737 Professional is not a 'light' simulation, meaning it requires some study of the manual and tutorials to get the most out of it,
Ctrl-E doesn't work, because you have to follow the proper procedures for starting the engines, and also all the systems have to be operational for the aircraft to function normally, unlike the default Microsoft ones, which are designed to be flown by beginners to FS and don't require all the procedures to be followed. The manual is excellent and the tutorial is a must for people not used to this level of simulation.

lmalopy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lmalopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 4:01pm
Alan,

Curious as to how you create a flight.  The only way I know is on the Free Flight Menu or within an existing flight through the menu selections of load or flight planner.  When I use the Free Flight to create a flight and select a 737 Professional aircraft the system crashes when I go to fly it.
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2012 at 12:40pm
TRying to run before you have even learnt to walk?
Stick to the standard planes until more experienced. I never mastered Level D 767 and just use the 'lite' models now.
johnep
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic