This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saitek X52Pro Profiles for FS9/SDK6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob-aka-Wusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saitek X52Pro Profiles for FS9/SDK6
    Posted: 19 May 2012 at 9:50am
Hi Guys.

A few Weeks ago my good old CyborgX left me alone. No response, not even recognized by any computer anymore.

So i decided to upgrade and i wasted time looking on ebay. After 12 days i acutally won an auction for a X52Pro.

I know i can run profiles with the Saitek hardware, but unfortunately all profiles i found are no longer readable because they are using the old SDK.

So if anyone here has a good profile for FS9 it would be really great if they could share it.

cheers
Robert
theryanbradley View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theryanbradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 3:22pm
I've had an X52 in the past and really it depends on A/C, I had the three profiles set up for 3 different aircraft.

Is there any on the usual freeware download sites?
Many Thanks,

Ryan

There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician, the other is an artist in love with flight.
colwah View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colwah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 5:16pm
I have programmed some of the buttons but don't understand how to make profiles for each aircraft so if you find any profiles I would love to know as well
Thanks!
All The Best
Long Live The 757!!
Colwah

Rob-aka-Wusa View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob-aka-Wusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 11:25am
@theryandbradley
So far i've only found profiles for SDK5 and they can not be used with the new SDK.
But like you said i tried to create more than one profile for different AC's. I' using FSPassengers and Airhauler and will create my own profiles in time for jet and prop planes with additional bindings for FSP and AH.

I can share these if requested.

Thanks for the anwsers so far =]
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 7:09pm
Hi,

AFAIK the software the X52/X52 Pro let's you assign key events to buttons presses etc.. so when you press button 7 for example, it sends a "g" key-press.

It should therefore be quite simple to create profiles for anything.

The Thrustmaster TARGET software for my HOTAS works this way, and allows me to leave some items as raw DX key inputs, whilst others send various different types of key press (e.g. pulse, or press on down and release on up to have complex key binds or repeat key presses).

Best regards,
Vulcan.
theryanbradley View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theryanbradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 10:25pm
I'm really struggling here, as I said I had an X52 in the past but that was 18 months+ ago.

I had a problem with the joystick (axis on the rudder spiking randomly) I returned it to the retailer I purchased it from, who subsequently went bust whilst they had the joystick and left me with no X52.

Long story cut short, I'm trying to remember this from the top of my head. Does the X52 communicate with FS using FSUIPC anyone?

Truth be told Robert, I've been without a X52 for quite some time and it's difficult to cast my mind back.
Many Thanks,

Ryan

There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician, the other is an artist in love with flight.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 1:45pm
That is stupid - how is it someone else's property can be seized when a company goes bust?????????? They don't own it - YOU do!!!! That it is in their shop/custody for repair is irrelevant.

@theryanbradley: If it uses the standard Windows interface for controllers, then it will work with FSUIPC.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic