This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Driving with learner driver.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Driving with learner driver.
    Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 12:57pm
Hi, the missus has just got here provisional licence. I have been driving for 3 years now, is it legal for me to take her on the roads supervised or is it longer ?

Cheers.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 1:13pm

The supervising driver must

• be at least 21 years old
  • have a full driving licence (for the type of vehicle they are supervising in - manual or automatic), which must have been held for a minimum of three years.
  • be insured to drive the vehicle and to have placed the learner driver on the insurance policy
  • ensure the car is in a safe and legal condition
  • meet the minimum eyesight standards
  • ensure the car displays L Plates (or D Plates in Wales) if a learner is driving
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 1:22pm
WOW, thanks for all that. I ticked every one ! Thumbs%20Up Now wheres my crash helmet Pinch
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 2:11pm
I taught my wife to drive, she just needed a handful of lessons after with a school.

Even if she is competent after you've taught her she should still have lessons with a pro instructor so she's familiar with the current stuff. The instructor will be aware of the latest whims of the testers and routes he might follow on her test.

Best to go to a quiet car park first so she can get to grips with it.

I hope your handbrake works properly. Wink
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by mavestar mavestar wrote:

Hi, the missus has just got here provisional licence. I have been driving for 3 years now, is it legal for me to take her on the roads supervised or is it longer ?

Cheers.

YOU must be over 21, and have held a FULL license for at least 3 years prior.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 8:12pm
Yes thankyou pointy. We have just got back from K-Shoes car park, wasnt too bad Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic