This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Real World Aviation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skills Test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skills Test
    Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 5:29pm
Hi everyone,

I done my Skills test on Monday and passed! Big%20smile So happy, when I landed I really though I had messed some parts up and was only going to get a partial pass by luckily I passed the whole thing.  Nav was really hard as my examiner had me going to some really small towns which were hard to find...

Going to sit my RT practical this weekend then send off all the paperwork to the CAA....Ouch

Tom
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 5:37pm
Well done Tom, congratulations!!
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 5:41pm
Wow that's awesome! Well done!
Kind regards,
Tom
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 6:58pm
Thanks guys, I really thought I'd failed after the PFL which didn't turn out very well but the examiner seemed to think it was okay. 

Also, the diversion took me right through a Parashoot zone so I had to give Scottish a call to check it wasn't active, luckily it wasn't so I didn't need any heading corrections. 

Just looking forward to getting the RT practical done, going to try and do it this weekend, otherwise I'll have to wait a while as I'm away on holiday on Monday.
jj163 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 6:59pm
Welcome to the club Tom.  :-)

Having done the skills test you should find the RT Practical a skoosh.   

Be prepared to witness the most expensive ink in christendom (actually the night rating is the most expensive ink ever!) and your plastic dog turd coloured wallet to hold your licence!  ;-)

Well done.

jj
PPL, Night,IMC

"I used to be a pilot until I took an arrow to the knee."
Hot_Charlie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

Thanks guys, I really thought I'd failed after the PFL which didn't turn out very well but the examiner seemed to think it was okay. 

Would you have had a decent chance of walking away from the aircraft (or what was left of it) had it been a real PFL? If the answer is yes, then it's probably fine. Saving life - not a perfect (what would be) spot landing at you IAP in an field is the key!

Good stuff on the pass. Having spent the last decade doing flying tests various, it's often the ones you think you've not done too well in that you've actually passed reasonably comfortably!
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 1:09am
Quote and your plastic dog turd coloured wallet to hold your licence!

It'll be interesting to see what you actually get now that you'll be getting an EASA PPL(A) rather than a JAA one.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 4:18am
Great Tom, congratulations.
Greg
Ben435 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 10:22am
Congratulations!

Thanks
Ben435
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 9:32am
Thanks everyone! Big%20smile

Got my RT practical exam tomorrow, just a quick question:

To request special VFR is this the standard call:
Callsign
Type
From/To
Position
Altitude & Setting
ETA
Request Special VFR
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic