This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Real World Aviation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Search for Amelia Earhart Starts Again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Search for Amelia Earhart Starts Again
    Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 11:59am
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 9:28am
Pointless!

I think everyone realises by now, thanks to the excellent documentary "Star Trek Voyager" that Amelia was actually kidnapped by aliens called Priori and taken to the 24th century. You may be interested to know that Amelia stayed with the colonists in the Delta quadrant, rather than heading back to Earth with the star ship Voyager.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 4:21pm
+1

They think they found them on a remote island in the Pacific. There are signs that it is the aircraft and their remains. They also took radio reports from US naval ships in the area at the time as further evidence that it is likely where they ended up.

They think they landed there as a result of insufficient fuel uplift at the last airport.

http://news.discovery.com/history/amelia-earhart-resting-place.html

However, after reading this:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/20/us/earhart-mystery/index.html

Maybe both are right, and both are wrong. Right in that she crashed/landed near an island, wrong that they maybe survived.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Vulcan Vulcan wrote:

+1

Surely you realised I was joking, and didn't post a true opinion?

Unless you think Captain Janeway and her crew are real?  Wink
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 12:45pm
I was jokingly agreeing with you!

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 3:57pm
This was the ship that found her...

Image%20Detail

CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 4:59am
I Found Amelia Earharts Aircraft , I've had it for quite sometime its been right here all this time in my Hanger - See !!!         
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic