This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Very little to almost no AI aircraft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abh_jc_03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very little to almost no AI aircraft
    Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 1:06pm
I purchased Traffic X about 6 months ago and I am realizing that at large INTL airports I only see 2 or 3 commercial airliners.  Never any taxiing or taking off and I only see a few planes in the air on flights lasting 2 hours or more.  Is there a fix to this.  I read something online about a patch but people were saying it was implemented into the game so I am wondering if there is any way to fix this.  I bought the software to have lots of AI traffic to make it more realistic.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 7:44am
I found Honolulu deserted. You will need to schedule planes to land at such an airport. If you go to Atlanta Intnl, absolutely packed with planes. TRFX covers 50 airports. Others you will have to schedule yourself. Set AI aircraft to max.
johnep
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 7:47am
johnep is correct to mention that you should check your AI aircraft settings in FSX.  However, you should also take note of and action the following:

With the default installation of Traffic X, the levels of traffic are only "OK".  However, Just Flight released a Service Pack and the traffic levels increased dramatically.

In short, be sure to install the Service Pack.

Because there is no way to really tell of your install already does have the Service Pack or not, it is best to download it and install it over the top anyway ... just to be sure. Doing so won't hurt anything.

To get it, go to Just Flight's Traffic X FAQ page (here: FAQ for Traffic X).

And, with the Service Pack installed you should have lots of traffic.  johnep mentions in his post that you might have to do some scheduling of your own.  To clarify, Traffic X with the Service Pack should have plenty of planes; no need really for you to do any scheduling at all.  However, that said, you may still find a handful of airports where the traffic is indeed quite minimal.  As an example, Honolulu as johnep mentions.  In those cases, if you find yourself often flying to a favorite airport and that airport is lacking traffic, then, yes, you would have to schedule your own.  But, with the Service Pack installed, the instances of that should be rare enough that you probably won't bother.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic