Just Flight Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > MS Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MS Flight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MS Flight
    Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 6:50pm
I apologise for this not being about AH, but...

Anyone here got MS Flight? What did you all think about it? And did you delete it after ten minutes and go back to FSX?

PyroPlane View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PyroPlane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 1:56am
First of all, I think it's great (considering I was a beta tester and got all starting DLC for free). But I got got admit, the clouds look horrible and the wave animation is horrible. Also, Microsoft needs to look into bringing the world to life (Hopefully in ONE DLC pack).

At least, they're scenery is BETTER than FSX and their frame rates aren't that bad (unless you're in multiplayer and you spawn anywhere OTHER than an airport).

In conclusion, I don't think FLIGHT is Microsoft FAIL, but it surely isn't what I hoped for. I'm fine with it only being Hawaii for a while. But with no AI, ATC, Road Vehicles, Airport Traffic, People? That I can't stand. Ok maybe the AI should come out once Microsoft creates the entire world. Otherwise AI is useless.

One final comment, the trees do swing in the wind and from what I've seen so far, there is wing flex in every aircraft (hard to see, but there is).

I hope that soon, they will include all these features or FLIGHT will get boring. (INCLUDING autopilot and a GPS)
I am a Pyromaniac and I will burn you to death with my Hadouken. TF2 Profound.
George View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 7:53pm
I agree (although as a normal non-beta tester I got zero DLC), the graphics are pretty and it runs well, but it's... empty.
PyroPlane View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PyroPlane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 8:18pm
Yeh I know. At least there's some Airport Traffic now. In the beta, there wasn't any Airport Traffic. But the airport Traffic is static.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 9:53am
Quote But the airport Traffic is static.

That's not Traffic, that's Scenery.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
PyroPlane View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PyroPlane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 11:56pm
True, at least it makes the world of Hawaii look somewhat more real. It makes us feel like that we're not the only ones on the planet (minus multiplayer)
ARNZX View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARNZX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 1:40am
I did beta test flight.

I havent downloaded the final release. While visually its quite nice I found it boring. Nice game but I want a Flight simulator and FSX does that very nicely.
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 10:14am
I'm tending to agree with most of the other disappointed simmers now. I beta tested it, and downloaded the release version on launch day. I haven't used it for a good few weeks now. The graphics in it are stunning - especially the shadowing, and performance is leaps better than FSX. However, I feel the scenery is no better than FSX with add ons. It still looks lifeless and generic. I was using Prepar3d the other day with my Earth Simulations Guernsey scenery ported over and there's just no comparison - that is 'the real deal'! There's also too few aircraft (I'm not even counting the ones they've released without cockpits because these will never interest me), and there's too few places to fly. The missions were a bit of fun to begin with but I'm bored of them now. That's not the way I use a flight sim.
Kind regards,
Tom
Robbyroy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbyroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 8:11pm
  I did most of the missons with the new release version. Went ahead and bought the first upgrade and did a lot of the missons there also getting up to about 130k worth of points or about L13. Too boreing feels more like an arcade game now. I only did that much to feel like I got my 29 bucks worth from the up grade. Won't be spending any more there. It's like the same thing EA Sports did with Tiger Woods. It dosen't seem to be takeing off either, most of my upgrade I played online and rarely was there anyone else joinning my game.
ridinroun View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridinroun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 12:37am
I put it on my pc and less than 2 weeks uninstalled it. It'll have to go through major major change before I try it again. Pretty is nice but not enough for me. First Hawaii, then Alaska. At that rate how long before the things complete and how much will it cost us for all of it. They are targeting gamers with flight, not simmers. It's not for me.
outfctrl View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outfctrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:44pm
I found it very boring.  It was way too easy to fly and land, where as FSX, you really have to know what you are doing.  Plus, there is no TRACKIR support. Deleted it off my system.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic