This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Holding & distance Traffic X

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lxexpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holding & distance Traffic X
    Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 12:27am
Hi.
I've been looking in to the forum and haven't found any topic related to my question, may be I didn't find it.

Some questions:

At busy airports a lot of planes landing, with a lot of go-arounds.
-Any way that AI planes can go in to a holding pattern?
-Any way to put a distance between AI planes to minimize go-arounds?
-AI Planes dissapear when they are queuing after some minutes, any way to change that waiting time?
-I think that the taxi speed is not possible to change, right?
Last one: When Aircrafts land they normaly leave at the first taxi ways. Any way to configure that Runway that AI planes exit that runway on a particular taxi way?

Sorry, for all these questions, but these are the only "problems" I see on AI. All the rest is 100%

Thanks
Paulo
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 9:39pm
The problems you are asking about are due to programming limitations in FSX.  They are not due to Traffic X.

Originally posted by lxexpo lxexpo wrote:

-Any way that AI planes can go in to a holding pattern?

You can download a small, third party program like "AISmooth" which will set the AI planes to go in to a holding pattern and dramatically reduce the number of go-arounds at your airports.  You can get this from places like Flightsim.com (www.flightsim.com) or AVSIM (www.avsim.com).  Just do a search for "AISmooth".  Latest version is v1.20.

AISmooth includes optional voice ATC which works in conjunction with the FSX ATC.  I personally find having two ATC voices quite annoying, but, thankfully, it is possible to turn this option off if you want.

-Any way to put a distance between AI planes to minimize go-arounds?

AISmooth does this for you.  You can even set parameters for it to adjust that distance if you want.  However, be careful because you don't want to set too much distance between planes (or too little) because that can cause other unexpected issues to occur.  I find that the default values work perfectly well.

-AI Planes dissapear when they are queuing after some minutes, any way to change that waiting time?

Not that I am aware.  However, I would suggest doing a forum search on forums like Flightsim.com and AVSIM because this topic is regularly discussed.

-I think that the taxi speed is not possible to change, right?

Correct.  It is not possible to change the taxi speed.  But, again, I would suggest doing a forum search on forums like Flightsim.com and AVSIM because this topic is also regularly discussed.

Last one: When Aircrafts land they normaly leave at the first taxi ways. Any way to configure that Runway that AI planes exit that runway on a particular taxi way?

As you have correctly said, if there is more than one runway exit, AI planes will generally exit at the first available one.

Using an airport editor such as ADE (Airport Design Editor), you could remove runway-to-taxiway links and thus cause the AI to use a specific taxiway.  However, you would need to be careful doing this because you wouldn't want to cause any taxi traffic jams (like too many planes on the same taxiway, or planes taking too long on the runway to get off and disrupting the traffic flow [possibly more go-arounds]).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic