This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

glitchy when flying

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midnight999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: glitchy when flying
    Posted: 06 Apr 2008 at 10:41am
I have just got vfr scenery for wales, and the load time at the start of the flight is ok, however when flying the sim gets very stuttery every few minutes, it seems to be when it is loading the next area of scenery, I have level of detail radius turned down to medium and always fly with 20 miles max visibility, my system is p4 2.5GHz, 1Gb ram and Nvidia 6600gt 124mb card, I know this is on the edge of spec for running fsx but I didn't experience these issues with default scenery using normal autogen and scenery, and the general consensus was that vfr would run better than default, I have the 2m detail scenery loaded, the issue gets worse when trying to land making it impossible to control on approach, any help greatly appreciated
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labbotomy
midnight999 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midnight999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 7:03am
I guess no-one knows then
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labbotomy
Derek View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 8:51am
This is really a question for support. There has been much work done on so-called 'stutters'. We had around 10 customers suffering from it and used them as a test group to try to get to the bottom of it. The only thing near to a common factor we could find was that they used AMD processors of about 2.5Ghz. However, we had one user withe problem on an Intel macine and many thousands of users with AMDs that had no problem. Generally, the most effective 'repair' seemed to be a faster, non-AMD processor, but this isn't definitive.

As I say, worth contacting support who can probably take a detailed look at your specs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic