This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ai Traffic Compiler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lxexpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ai Traffic Compiler
    Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 10:55am
Hi.
I've compiled my changed traffic, and made a Aircraft.bgl file.
When opening FSX I still get other AI traffic that I don't have on my flightplans.
For an example: On my flight plan that I compiled from TAP Portugal I don't have any A321. When I open FSX, there are A321. It shouldn't happen. I'm I doing anything wrong?
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 12:03am
It sounds like you have TWO AI traffic files.

Traffic X's AI traffic file is called "TrafficX.bgl".  As the sim starts up and runs, this file gets loaded and the AI planes appear.

When you do your changes and edits and then compile and create your own file called "Aircraft.bgl", be aware that the "TrafficX.bgl" file will still exist.

So, in this case, you would now have TWO AI traffic files: "Aircraft.bgl" and "TrafficX.bgl".

What will happen is that when you start FSX, your file will get loaded, and also the Traffic X file gets loaded too.  Thus, the A321s that you see will most likely be from the "TrafficX.bgl" file.

To fix this, when you do your flight plan work and then compile, you should just overwrite the "TrafficX.bgl" file (don't create your own different filename).  This will keep all of the existing flight plans, and also include your own changes, deletions and edits etc.

(And, of course, you will need to remove the "Aircraft.bgl" file if you don't want both files loading up when FSX starts.  The AI traffic files are here: "C:\...\Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery".)

Note that, yes, of course, you can certainly create your own filename if you want ... that's fine.  It's just that, if you do, you'll need to be mindful that by having more than one AI traffic file you'll probably need to make appropriate deletions or changes in each one to avoid duplications or unwanted results (such as those A321s still flying).

Finally, always remember to keep backups of the file (or files) before making changes so you've got it handy if things don't work as expected.
lxexpo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lxexpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 11:34am
Thank you.
I've just removed all other trafficX.bgl files
Now I only have one trafficX.bgl file, the one I compiled. Conclusion: No AI traffic anymore :(
Now everything is gone.
I Compiled, overwrote the TrafficX.bgl, and all AI traffic is gone.
I Have spent days, changing the flightplans to something even more realistic, and now no AI traffic.
What can you suggest me to do?

Thanks.

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 10:07am
Originally posted by freddy freddy wrote:

Finally, always remember to keep backups of the file (or files) before making changes so you've got it handy if things don't work as expected.

If you have a BACKUP copy of the "TrafficX.bgl" file done before all of the AI traffic vanished, then you can copy that back in place.  This should hopefully return the AI traffic to your skies.

If you do not have a BACKUP copy of the "TrafficX.bgl" file, then you should first make a full copy of the "C:\...\Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\TrafficX\Presets\Data\Schedules\Flight Plans" folder.  That folder contains all of the flight plan files (and includes your own flight plan changes).  Second, you should then reinstall Traffic X over the top of the current installation.  This will put the default Just Flight "TrafficX.bgl" file back for you.  With the default Just Flight "TrafficX.bgl" file now back in place, run FSX to make sure that the skies are once again full of AI traffic ...  If they are, make a BACKUP copy of that Just Flight default "TrafficX.bgl" file.

From this point, you can copy your own flight plans in again (from the backup copy of the Flight Plans folder you made as per the above details), and then try your compile once more to see what the results are.
lxexpo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lxexpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 1:32pm
Thank you.

I think it's working now.

Regards,
Paulo
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 4:10am
Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic