This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding planes to empty airport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding planes to empty airport
    Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 8:36am
Just arrived at Honolulu Intl on way to Los Angeles. No other planes visible although the nearby airbase has a C130 so I know Trafficx is around. How to I set about adding aircraft to a particular airport.?
Have got so used to lots of AI and am currently using a delta liveried 767 from TRFX. The whole trip to china mirrors my nephew's recent visit and am enjoying it sending him progress pics. hope to post on forum in due course.
johnep
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 7:11am
Yes, for some unexplainable reason, Honolulu Intl airport is completely devoid of AI traffic.  This airport appears to be one of those airports which Just Flight simply didn't populate with any AI.  And, yes, there are many other airports in FSX also not populated with Traffic X AI traffic ... but I would have thought that Honolulu would not be one of those and would at least get some planes.  But, alas, nothing, nada, nil.

To populate it, use the Traffic Control Centre program to add flight plans to fly there.  For help, read the appropriate Tutorial (here: Traffic X Tutorials).

In keeping with how it would be in real-life, you'll have to add quite a number of flight plans, from a range of different airlines.  It's easy, but will take some time.

And, MOST IMPORTANT ...  Remember that the Tutorial forgets to mention that after adding or editing flight plans in the Traffic Control Centre you must RECOMPILE the traffic database so that your changes appear in FSX.  Read this thread here for details on how to do that: How do I re-compile the traffic database?

Have fun!

johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 7:16am
Thanks, thought it was me. I will see what airlines use Honolulu and remember the incident with the 737 roof ripping off. Trying to remember name of airline so can search TRFX. As anxious to take off for Loas Angeles, will do another day. Not really delved properly into TRFX yet.
Brilliant prog.
johnep
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 7:27am
Yep, Traffic X certainly is well done.  And, careful, once you start diving in to adding and editing flight plans, you might quickly find yourself addicted to it.  At least, that was my personal experience.  There's nearly not a single week goes by where I am not at least adding, editing or tweaking something to do with flight plans.  Smile

Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 11:18am
Hi Guys yeah I found the same thing aswell, wounder how come they did not fill up Honolulu. I have tried to put planes into PHNL with creating flights plans from JAL, Delta American and Qantas but I have not seem them come in yet I have compiled after I have done the plans but still have not seen the planes fly in. But I am suprised that PHNL never got filled up like the other US Airports.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 6:06pm
Boeing 747s and 787s certainly have the range to reach Hawaii from the United States, from Japan, and from Australia. Having been to Hawaii, I can tell you that Hawaiian Airlines flies between the various Hawaiian islands as well as between Hawaii and the U.S. and between Hawaii and various locations in the western and southern Pacific. I downloaded a nice freeware livery for the freeware Airbus A330-200 model by Thomas Ruth, and I use it for AI flights between Hawaii and various airports on the U.S. west coast.

Below is a screenshot of Honolulu International. In addition to the Hawaiian Airlines Airbus A330-200s in the foreground, you'll notice a Qantas Boeing 747 in the background. Beginning this year, Qantas is phasing out their 747s and replacing them with another long-range aircraft - the Airbus A380.

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 10:18am
Dan does screenshots, as he has in many other forum threads.

And, as usual, they are excellent!
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 1:44pm
Thanks, Freddy. I did that screenshot when I learned that a niece's company would be flying her to Hawaii for a one-week conference. I thought it would be fun to send a preview to her of what she would likely see when she landed in Honolulu. I wouldn't have done the screenshot were it not for the fact that I had a great-looking model and livery to show.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic