This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-6B - Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC-6B Cargo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cvultejus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC-6B Cargo?
    Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 3:55pm
Well I just picked up the DC-6B.  I was looking forward to loading her into air hauler and moving some cargo. The instructions and web sight says
"you will find DC-6Bs finished as day planes, cargo haulers, intercontinental airliners with
sleeping berths, aircraft with and without radar, and many more permutations."
 I looked through all the liveries and I cannot find any cargo versions.  This makes hauling sheep, snakes and air hauler CD a little problematic with no cargo floor and instead a bunch of seats and a flight attendants aboard.
 I have a bad feeling you are not going to include any cargo versions until you put out a expansion pack.
 If this is the case maybe pull the bullet on the web sight which says Passenger and cargo  variation and just make it passenger only and add cargo variation to be added in future expansion pack to avoid confusion.
 If it is added please point me to the correct plane I cant seem to find it in my just flight propliner section. I don't see any listed in the user manual either.
Please help me locate the cargo version if installed in case I missed it. My Air Hauler company is waiting for this new bird in a cargo configuration.

Cry
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 4:26pm
Hi,
Whereabouts did you see this on our website? I can't find your quote above on the product page.
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 8:06pm

This may have given him the impression of a cargo varient

• Highly detailed exterior model featuring boarding stairs, service vehicles and other advanced animations
  • High-quality interactive 3D virtual cockpit (VC)
  • Highly detailed authentic liveries
  • Passenger and cargo variants
  • High quality sound set
  • Accurate flight dynamics, based on real-world data and tested by real-world pilots
Greg
cvultejus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cvultejus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 1:32am
Yes sorry about confusion.  The quote was out of the user manual for the product.  As posted by Papeg above you can see whats on your product page.
yann975 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yann975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 10:07am
Can we expect to have Fire tanker version?
wjnoordhuizen View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjnoordhuizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 8:09am
I must admit that I was also under the impression that a cargo version would be part of the initial release. As I remember it there was also a screenshot of a military version with large cargo doors (that is to say, the screenshots of the bas pack, not the expansion pack). Hope a cargo version will be part of the expansion pack.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 9:00am
Screenshots of the military version were never included/advertised on the base pack product page.

When the product was shown on the in-development section of the website the military version was shown, but that page simply shows development progress and does not indicate how the product will be sold (base pack, expansions etc) as that is decided later on.

As Papeg has pointed out, there was an error on the product summary page for the base pack that mentioned cargo variants (no screenshots were shown of cargo variants and it wasn't listed as one of the models on the 'More info' page). We have now corrected that error.

Can we expect to have Fire tanker version?

That isn't currently planned, but depending on demand we will consider anything Smile
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
alexcolka View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexcolka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 5:45pm
Please if you can include at least one South American livery to the expansion pack or perhaps Panagra to make flights in this part of the world.
Thanks,
Alex
Tobus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 8:47am
But is a cargo version under consideration? I'd love to run it in Air Hauler for my Flying Tiger Lines company, or Everts Cargo.
mosburn View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mosburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:05am
I purchased the DC6B to fly cargo as well. A cargo version would be a great addition to the fleet...please consider including it in the next update!  thanks! Mike
Pegasus
Tobus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 6:02pm
Hello? Anyone from JustFlight at home?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 7:02pm
Hi Tobus, JF don't officially offer support on this forum and they also only work office hours, which are 9-5pm BST, so they all went home an hour ago.

You could try contacting support via the (new) JustFlight web page - they will respond to support requests/sales queries.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:10am
Hi Tobus,

Following your request, we are hoping to have a cargo variant ready soon.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
mosburn View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mosburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 11:45am
Martyn - great news regarding a box carrier varient of the DC6B. I enjoy this airplane a lot and look forward to adding the cargo version to the fleet! Thanks for responding to our requests!
Pegasus
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic