This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic X Custom Flight Plans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akrotiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic X Custom Flight Plans
    Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 5:57pm
Hi

I'm updating delta's flightplans, when i completed them i recompiled them, loaded fsx and it looked like it loaded on startup. But I went to aalborg at 06:05 local time my planes was not there and then i tried 06:05 Gmt still nothing happened.

Please help

Akrotiri
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 12:38pm
If you are adding and testing for one plane at an airport where there initially were no planes at all, then note the following:

Note 1 ... After doing the compile, when testing to see if your plane appears ... run FSX and set the time to the scheduled (local) time the plane is supposed to appear. If it is not there, set the FSX clock BACK about half-an-hour. Check again. Still not there? Set the FSX clock BACK again, another half-an-hour. And maybe BACK again a third time if it is still not there. After doing that, reset the clock back to the scheduled (local) time for the plane but this time set the FSX clock FORWARD about half-an-hour. Check again. Still not there? Set the FSX clock FORWARD again, another half-an-hour. And maybe FORWARD again a third time if it is still not there. The idea is to check a good deal of time BEFORE and AFTER the scheduled (local) time.

Note 2 ... Due to a "randomness" factor built-in to the compile process, sometimes a plane that you have added (or edited) may NOT appear in FSX even after you have recompiled the traffic database and done checks as per Note 1 above. Just recompile a second time and test again, as per Note 1. And then if it still doesn't appear, compile again and test, a third time, to be sure. I've had cases where I compile and can see my plane ... but on the next compile that I do, the plane is gone and no longer shows. I just recompile again. This "randomness" appears to be there to help prevent congestion at airports and to also, well, create a random feel to everything. Who really knows? It can sometimes be a little annoying, but as long as you are aware of it, then you can work OK with it.

Both of these notes do still apply if you are working with (adding/editing) more than just one single plane.  But, obviously, when working with more than only a single plane, if things are working properly then you wouldn't be affected by, and shouldn't notice, the above points as much ... if even at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic