This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glitch with reinstall of FSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1 hand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glitch with reinstall of FSX
    Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 12:47pm
I have had to un-install/reinstall for various reasons over the last few years and never had a problem.
I have had an upgrade to my computer: 2nd HDD - 1TB and graphics card.  I loaded FSX, no problem then loaded scenery 1-4, odd ons of aircraft.  Everything seemed fine until I went with various aircraft again OK until I entered 'bell 206 jet-ranger'.  Now with reloads in the past there wasn't a problem but this time I could only see, on selection page 'change aircraft' and 'fly now' cabin and rear rotor blade.
Now before I go any further I'm just a "computer user" and not a programmer so if the answer is "......change the registry" or something along these lines I would probably not be able to fly this helicopter and that's it.
If I un-installed FSX but not the "remove all connecting items?" I would say "no" then re-install FSX, maybe this might solve the problem.  What's your advice.Embarrassed 
silverbeard21 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbeard21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 3:30pm
Are you running Windows XP or Win 7? and is this the default chopper?

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT
1 hand View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1 hand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 10:37am
I'm running on Windows 7. When I checked the FSX program and all of my add-ons the 'Bell jet ranger' is not mentioned. So I don't know if it came with FSX program or any of the add-ons.  Purchased then yeqars ago, I should checked each completed install before installing the add-ons.  But it was OK in previous un-install/re-install.
silverbeard21 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbeard21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 3:04pm
Win 7 is a curious bird, when installing anything you need to disable UAC (user account control), any virus checkers etc. and right click on any install icons and select 'run as administrator'. If you don't curious things can and will happen. When you installed fsx did you do that and then install SP1 run fsx then install SP2 and then run fsx again? It's all a bit of a pain in the A but if it's done right all will be well.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT
1 hand View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1 hand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 10:22am
I think I did when I started but all the way you said.  (I'll tell about that i.e. forgetfulness at an other time).
I mentioned it the forum about un-install FSX only without the other items, (can't remember the name "extras").  Trhen trying to re-install FSX.  Howerver, that raises a BIG PROBLEM.  As I mentioned earlier I moved FSX because of an up grade to my computer.  I won't go into it, it'll be writing "war & peace" again.  The problem is first time 'product key was supplied, taken off again, whent for another prod., key later on - Microsoft don't give support any moreAngry.
I was thinking of buying FAX again if need be as a last resort, but how do third parties still can produce prod., keys?  It's a never ending story, sorry about this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic