Just Flight Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > MS Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Release Date

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Release Date
    Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 9:34pm
Ladies and Gents,

I notice that MS have announced the release date of Flight!  29 February.

They also have details of some of the add-ons (not a lot at launch) available at Launch date which may also give an idea of any pricing policy for other areas which has always been a bit hazy.

In short "Big Island" Hawaii is gratis, the remaining islands come in at 1600 MS Points (2100 points at Game for £16.49) so I can see you having to spend more than £39.99 to get the whole world. 

Still, I'll probably download Flight! as it's free to see what it's like.  No harm done to the wallet to try it out.

Regards,

jj
PPL, Night,IMC

"I used to be a pilot until I took an arrow to the knee."
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 11:23pm
You're not going to get the whole world - no way.

It's an arcade game, and a huge disappointment in its current form. I wouldn't rush to buy any DLC either - have a play, but you'll likely be bored of hunting the green coins or going on the $100 burger runs (with suitably irritating pax voice over) before long.

And it won't be "long" either, if you use the "skip to waypoint" feature.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Marmite View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marmite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Eurogamer.net Eurogamer.net wrote:

Two additional planes will also be available to purchase. The Maule M-7-260C is a "rugged utitlity aircraft" and will set you back 1200 Points via Games For Windows, while the vintage North American P-51 Mustang fighter plane goes for 640 Points.

The difference in price is down to the fact that you'll only get an external view while flying the Mustang but the Maule also offers a cockpit perspective.
So an external-only plane is roughly £5.50, and just over £10 for one with a cockpit Confused
orionexplorer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orionexplorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Marmite Marmite wrote:

Originally posted by Eurogamer.net Eurogamer.net wrote:

Two additional planes will also be available to purchase. The Maule M-7-260C is a "rugged utitlity aircraft" and will set you back 1200 Points via Games For Windows, while the vintage North American P-51 Mustang fighter plane goes for 640 Points.

The difference in price is down to the fact that you'll only get an external view while flying the Mustang but the Maule also offers a cockpit perspective.
So an external-only plane is roughly £5.50, and just over £10 for one with a cockpit Confused

Converting £10 to US money that puts one aircraft at $15.67 and $8.62 for the P-51. I don't want either of them. I made a comment compairing this to iRacing and their track & car purchasing but this is just a plain and simple MMO strategy to use points to purchase X & Y because you need the items (lets say new armor for EQ, EQ2, & DDO). Now I know I will stay away from this GAME and stay with sim flying. If FSX dies out and there really is nothing else out there then I will retire my flight cockpit and remember the places in the world that I did fly too in FSX and just keep racing on line and have one less hobby to spend my money on.

Jack
CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 12:35pm
FLIGHT Closes Down on 7/27/2012 - wasn't worth a damn anyway very few liked it, didn't offer jack anyway, 2 measly states and sum poor aircraft everybody complained about for the price ! Information here on the closing of Aces Studios FLIGHT : http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/25/3187649/microsoft-vancouver-lays-off-staff-cancels-projects
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2012 at 1:06pm
I can't say I'm surprised. I'd be interested to see what happens now though. Whether it will simply disappear altogether, or the code and rights will be sold off to another developer, or the restrictions on the licensing agreement for ESP (Prepar3d) will be lifted now that Microsoft is no longer in the Flight Simulation franchise.
Kind regards,
Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic