This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 757 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sound and Stuttering on landing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sound and Stuttering on landing
    Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 11:00pm
On landing, especially in busy areas, I often experienced serious locking up for a few seconds while my hard drive went crazy. I think it was a sound related issue. So I disabled 3 of the 4 different touchdown sounds and this seemed to completely resolved the issue. I now have mixed them down into one file for landing and it works just the same. I see also that there are some sound files in fsx/justflight/757 and also in the simobjects folder, would it not be parsimonious and require less HDD travel to have all the sound files in a single folder.

Also the sound pack and mixing left a little to be desired. I have used my audio editing suite to lower the levels of the cockpit announcements "sink rate" and "wind shear" as they were, on my system extremely loud and distracting. I also noticed that on many of the other sound files that they have been recorded at too high a level where they have lots of clipping and a lot of background noise.
However, the engine sounds however are the best I have heard in FSX so far! Pushing the thrust levers forward for take-off makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Top stuff!

Shaun.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic