This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > In Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English Electric Lightning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: English Electric Lightning
    Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 1:59pm
A selection of work-in-progress shots of the Lightning.

Bigcringe View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigcringe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 4:48am
Hi ive just seen the promo video of the sounds for the lightning, it was like listening to the real aircraft, well done. Could you please tell me when the aircraft is due for release.

A real lightning fan, bigcringe.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 9:43am
We hope to have the product ready for release during April.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Bigcringe View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigcringe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 6:30pm
Thanx i cant wait to get this bird onto my FSX
Dutchbird View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 6:06pm
Great to have your EE Lightning F.6 available soon, as it is one of my favorite planes. But I just wondered, while studying the screenshots and comparing them to photographs of the real bird, whether the modelling of the Red Tops and their pylons on the forward fuselage is completely finished yet? On the screenshots, the chord and perhaps the span of the missiles' main fins seem a little bit undersized to me. And the position of the missile pylons relative to the Red Tops main fins: this seems to be rather too 'forward' on your model. Maybe it's an optical distortion, but if not, just consider this to be encouraging feedback from a potential customer...

For comparison, see:
http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/8/5/4/0647458.jpg (yes, this is an F.3, but I don't think that matters in this case). And then:
http://www.justflight.com/img/screenshots/20120328153413Q6CWT-L.jpg
Robert Nesbitt View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Nesbitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 7:38pm
Will there be any Free Scenery as well on the box version also the Download versions RAF Leuchars or a Lightning Base in the 1960's
The XH558 Flies Again
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 1:18pm
Great Aircraft the J/F English Electric Lightning F.6 I've just put it on my FLIGHT SIMULATER X and my first flight was at RAF Valley. I was at Valley at the time of the investiture of Prince Charles when they used 22 Lightings for the fly past. one of the best sites I have witnessed. they did the practice every day for a week. and they took up a lot of air space when they flew.   
It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic