This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic X issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic X issue
    Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 1:48pm
Hi all,

Recently bought the boxed version of traffic X and everything is fine except for one problem. Around every 10/15 mins (varies) the fsx program minimises and a black screen appears. When I click on it im back at my desktop and able to get fsx back up. While this doesnt affect the game at all I was wondering if anyones got any solutions or causes of this? Its getting very annoying when playing.

Thanks
Alana
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 11:17pm
Rather than a Traffic X issue, this sounds more like a video card/driver issue or some kind of external process problem (a virus scanner or something else running is causing FSX to minimise).  If you made no other changes or updates to your system (eg, new drivers, virus definitions update, installed new programs), and the issue only started occuring after you installed Traffic X, then that's a new one I've not heard of ...

... Traffic X just adds planes in to the sim by adding an AI database.  It doesn't change the FSX.exe or anything like that.

To test if this is due to Traffic X or not, do the following:

1) Go to your "C:\...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery" folder.

2) MOVE the file "TrafficX.bgl" to your desktop.  This is the Traffic X AI file which has all the AI planes and airlines in it.

3) RENAME the file "TrafficAircraft._bgl" to "TrafficAircraft.bgl" (remove the underscore character).  This is the default FSX AI file.  Renaming this file to "TrafficAircraft.bgl" will give you back the default FSX traffic (Orbit airlines, etc).

4) Run FSX.  You are now running FSX without Traffic X.

If, after 10/15 minutes, FSX minimises and a black screen appears, then this will mean it is NOT due to Traffic X (because you will not be using Traffic X's traffic).

After this test, I would then rename the "TrafficAircraft.bgl" back to "TrafficAircraft._bgl" (put the underscore back in) and copy back the "TrafficX.bgl" from the desktop so that the Traffic X traffic returns.  Then I would drag your AI traffic sliders in FSX down to ZERO so that no traffic appears when you run FSX.  Test FSX again with the sliders now down at zero.  Maybe too much traffic is causing some kind of strain on your system which is in turn causing the problem?  Gradually increase the sliders and see what happens.

These tests hopefully provide some evidence of whether it is Traffic X or not.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic