This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic X and Prepar3D

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic X and Prepar3D
    Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 11:35am
I just installed P3D and wondered if its possible to carry my Traffic X over from FSX to P3D? Or, alternativly if JF are considering an installer for P3D, the skies are a bit lonely at the moment, and I don't really want to buy MyTraffic 3D if I don't need to! I would try a reinstall, but dont want to mess up my FSX installation.

If anyone could advise, would be grateful!

Cheers,
A
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 11:40am
Hi,

Lockheed have been handed over a compatible version of Traffic X to begin selling from their store. However, it is going to be quite expensive as it's intended for commercial operators (although we may consider a regular consumer licence is the demand is there - currently you are the first person I've conversed with that has Prepar3D).

I think you could install the normal Traffic X in but it would take a fair bit of manual modification to actually see some traffic, and the FSX tools won't work at all.  
ayster View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 1:25pm
OK, no probs, I may try and manually get it to work! Will let you know how I get on.
Incidentally, a lot of 'hard core simmers' are disappointed with the Microsoft Flight announcement yesterday, so you may see more people wanting to run their JF products in P3D!

Something to consider,

Cheers,
A
ayster View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 2:19pm
Have now got it working! Tongue
Will give a proper test later on tonght as its a bit slow doing it by remote from work!

cheers
ayster View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2012 at 11:44am
Can now confirm it works! Was even able to generate traffic with the Traffic Control Centre! As your going to be selling a pro version I'll not disclose how I did it (unless you want me to!)

cheers,
Alan.
Bobby View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Hi,

Lockheed have been handed over a compatible version of Traffic X to begin selling from their store.

I have bought the Traffic X from Prepar3d. Actually, the link from Lockheed Martin went to the Just Flight store so I really bought it from you. It is the education version with the Prepar3d installer.

I only use Prepar3d and do not have FSX. My question is....I see there is a Service Pack for Traffic X but it only has an installer for FSX. I don't want to mess up my installation. Is there an installer for Prepar3d? Do I really need the Service Pack?

Thank you for your help.

Bobby
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 7:32am
Hi,
You already have the latest version.
Bobby View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 8:58am
Thank you very much. It works well and I am happy with it :)
diceflo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diceflo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 11:37pm
may i ask how is everyone able to install traffic x into prepar3d v2?.  I installed the program to the prepar3d main folder but my traffic control center says no flight simulator found. How can I fix it so it will work. Do the earlier military packs work because that is really what i want to use. thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic