This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Viscount - Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Viscount VOR problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eytan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viscount VOR problem
    Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 2:19pm
I got the Vickers Viscount recently. I used to fly on it as a kid in the 1960's.
I know it has old avionics systems so I didn't expect it to be at the level of modern aircraft.
While the NDB indicator works, I can't get the VOR gauge to show anything. I dial in the frequency, but the gauge does not appear to pick the VOR up.
Can someonre point out out what to do. the manual doesn't help.

Eytan
mjrhealth View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjrhealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 1:33am
They both work fine. The VOR dial is the lowest on the left, The NDB is to the right of it, Just did a partial test flight and it worked right away. I believe the range on these in FSx is around 190nm the NDB is queit a bit less. probably around 60 or so. Good to test with another plane, there are a few missing in fsx,

So far not bad, cockpit could be better, have issue with the text on teh radio panel cant always read it. the external view isnt the best, but so far i am happy. I do hope you guys can set a standard for you panels and maintain them over your products, I am waiting on the dc6 hope its better.

Thanks
Haswell 4770K @ 4.2(so far) Gigabtye GAZ87XUD3H 8 Gig Cas 9 DDR3 16000 MHz Ram, NVIDIA GTX 680 2Gig Video, Win 7 64 bit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic