This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic not showing at EGVN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic not showing at EGVN
    Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 7:43am
I am using the default traffic at EVGN (Brize Norton) and am not seeing anything on the aprons.
Ive looked at all the other airfields on Armed Forces United Kingdom flight plans and they seem to be populated although they were  scarcely populated.
Only thing I can think of was I did some alterations to the AFCAD file to reflect the new apron layout at Brize and that did display some parked VC101s and an Army Islander.
I wanted to get some hercules aircraft to show up so I assigned each parking space I wanted to use for the Hercules to C130 and changed the parking dimensions to 100 ft havnt seen anything since then.
Have reinstalled another AFCAD with the unmodified aprons but still not seen any action.
Wonder if the Compiler is putting the file where it should ? should I rename the Armed Forces File.?
Where should the AFCAD files install to?
Any suggestions gratefully recieved
Chazzer
chazzer
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 10:11am
Originally posted by chazzer chazzer wrote:

Ive looked at all the other airfields on Armed Forces United Kingdom flight plans and they seem to be populated although they were  scarcely populated.

OK, if you are seeing other aircraft at other airports, then this confirms that things are installed correctly and are working.

Only thing I can think of was I did some alterations to the AFCAD file to reflect the new apron layout at Brize and that did display some parked VC101s and an Army Islander. I wanted to get some hercules aircraft to show up so I assigned each parking space I wanted to use for the Hercules to C130 and changed the parking dimensions to 100 ft havnt seen anything since then.

Yes, it is possible that your changes to the AFCAD may have caused an incompatibility or some other issue such that there are no planes at EVGN.

Have reinstalled another AFCAD with the unmodified aprons but still not seen any action.

As long as there are not TWO AFCADs both for EVGN causing conflict with each other.  If there is indeed no conflict, then it is interesting that trying a different AFCAD did not solve it.

Wonder if the Compiler is putting the file where it should ? should I rename the Armed Forces File?

No, there is no need to rename any files.

Where should the AFCAD files install to?

FSX has its AFCADs in the "C:\...\Flight Simulator X\Scenery" folder.  Traffic X includes many of its own modified AFCADs.  It puts those in the "C:\...\Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\TrafficX\AirportFacilities\Scenery" folder.  I don't see any EVGN files in there though.

I wonder if this will help ...

Run the Traffic X Traffic Control Centre and go to the AIRPORT INFORMATION screen.  Install one of the AFCADs.  Click the UPDATE EXISTING button so that Traffic X gets updated with the information from the new AFCAD.  When done, exit that screen and then go to the TRAFFIC MOVEMENTS screen.  Do a new compile of the AI traffic database (follow the instructions given here: How do I re-compile the traffic database?).  See if that solves it for you.
chazzer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 2:00pm
I flew from Northolt to RAF Brize Norton last night and landed OK.
A VC10 refueling tanker landed about 2 minutes behind me and taxied down to the point where aircraft turn to parking and FSX froze up.
I checked for duplicate AFCAD files and found 1 that wasnt being used.
I deleted it and did the same flight again, this time all went OK I followed the VC10 to its parking slot by the terminal buildings.
Strangely though still no other aircraft on any slots.
I will check the AFCAD again as there seemed to be lots of faults first time I checked it.
Just a querythe AFCAD was made for Flight Simulator 2004 is this a problem for FSX.

ChazzerSmileSmile
chazzer
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 2:12am

I flew from Northolt to RAF Brize Norton last night and landed OK.
A VC10 refueling tanker landed about 2 minutes behind me and taxied down to the point where aircraft turn to parking and FSX froze up.

What do you mean, "froze up"?  Did the plane vanish?  Or did it just stop, motionless?

Those questions are probaby moot though because you checked for a duplication, found 1 that wasnt being used, and corrected the issue ... followed by a second flight and a successful taxi.

Just a query, the AFCAD was made for Flight Simulator 2004 is this a problem for FSX.

No, that should not be a problem.

I am wondering if you are seeing little or no traffic at EVGP because, in fact, there IS little or no traffic at EVGP.  In other words, there may not be many aircraft scheduled to fly to that airport in the Traffic X flight plans.  Have you checked in Traffic Control centre to see how many planes you should expect to see?

And, an obvious question, but it should be asked ... do you see LOTS of traffic at other airports (ie, your traffic sliders in FSX are set appropriately resulting in good numbers of planes at other airports)?
chazzer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 1:04pm
Frozeup was as said the Flight simulator X program and the computer froze I used task sheduler to get the computer running again and then ran FSX Ok.
There are about 14 flight scheduled for EGVN in the flight plans.
As a matter of interest I checked one of them and found that the distances (about 6,000 miles) were out of range for the VC10 so I changed it for a Airbus A340.
I said earlier that I have checked all the other airports in the Armed Forces UK flight plans and yes they do have aircraft albeit sparcel at them.
Chazzer
chazzer
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:35am
Well I am out of ideas then.  I would "go back to basics" and start fresh.  Go back to the original default stock EGVN - the one BEFORE you started making alterations.  Remove any and all modified EGVN AFCAD files.  If there was originally no AFCAD file at all for EGVN, then so be it ... you should, in that case, remove all EGVN AFCADs so that there are none.  Once back at the original default, run FSX and see how many planes there are.  I ran the sim from dawn to midday, manually changing the sim time in half hour increments, and I saw at least four planes on the EGVN main apron with each half hourly time change that I made.  And, of course, I am running the stock EGVN.  You should hopefully see the same. If you do, then this now gives you a good starrting point to start modifications again or to put in one of the changed AFCADs to see what happens.
chazzer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 1:28pm
Thanks Freddy for all your support.
Have used Flight Simulator all this week end and at last have traffic and ground traffic showing up at EGVN.
Still need to alter the AFCADs though as a taxying VC1o just dissappeared in front of me but looking at the AFCAD file there looks as though there were not enough spaces of this aircraft size.
anyway thanks for your help
Chazzer
chazzer
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 6:09am
Ah.  Glad that you have traffic!  Yes, planes will disappear when they come to the end of their landing roll if ...

a) all parking spots are currently filled and there are no free ones available ...

b) there are free parking spots available, but none of those are large enough for an aircraft of this size ...

c) the AFCAD has errors and is missing taxi nodes so the plane has no available path to get where it wants to go.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic