This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 757 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Invisible plane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Invisible plane
    Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 4:22pm
I can take-off, fly around and land ok, but when i go to outside view all i can see is the beacons, strobes and nav lights, oh and the sounds are great. 2d cockpit is fine (I guess it uses the default 737 one) but i have no 3d panel. Anyone got any ideas what the problem could be.

Alan L
Alan L
Lost in Isaan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost in Isaan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:43am
I don't know what you have got of where you got it but it does not sound like the 757 Freemium which you must download via your account. If not downloaded correctly what you see is what you get.

Of coarse this applies to your purchased liveries also.
Lost in Isaan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost in Isaan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:44am
BTW, this model has it's own 2D panel nothing like the default FSX B738.
Alan L View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:15pm
The name of the file I have is 757JetlinerFREEMIUM 152,412 kb. So what file is this if not the free 757Angry
Alan L
Ben435 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:34pm
Alan,

Did you download the 757 from this link: http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=880

Thanks
Ben435
Alan L View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 5:15pm
Yes I did. I'm downloading again to see if this will cure the problem.
Alan L
Alan L View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 7:52pm
Sorted. The problem was that after loading MSFS onto a new machine I had forgotten all about the SP1 and SP2 service packs Embarrassed.
Alan L
weecosse View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 6:19pm
I have the same problem that AlanJ had.  Do you have any suggestions on the best way to get the product into FSX?  I downloaded the product from the Just Flight web page to my FSX directory; (D:\FSX).  Should I have loaded it into my FSX\Aircraft directory?
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 6:32pm
Hi, run the automatic installer and let it place the files in the correct locations itself.
weecosse View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 7:47pm
RAS, I deleted the previous download but when I downloaded the file again I noticed that even though I directed that it place the download in my D:\FSX Folder that it placed some of the files on my C drive.  I could not ascertain which folders that other files got sent to.  I purchased the A318 last week and that download to my FSX drive withour any problems.  Any hints on what could be wrong?

Thanks.

Weecosse
silverbeard21 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbeard21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 4:39pm
Where ever you place FSX, some files have to be written to the 'C' drive.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT
ChainChomp2 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChainChomp2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 12:04am
If you have not found the solution already, many more-detailed models for FSX require the SP1 or SP2 updates from Microsoft.com, or the Acceleration expansion pack if you do not have that already.  I recall someone asking this close to a week ago on a YouTube video concerning the freemium and I gave that solution and it turned out to work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic