This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed757 Auto Pilot rocking side to side

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 757 Auto Pilot rocking side to side
    Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 10:30am
Can someone help me with this.

I recently purchased via Amazon the boxed version of 757 compatable with FSX. I do the pre start proceedures and set up the INR to nav etc but whenever I am airbourn and select the heading switch on the autopilot panel, the aircraft starts to rock constantly left and right. I have been on the justflight site regarding this but it seems they have slammed the door on my ability to either upgrade or fix this issue. Because I purchased the boxed version last month, the site is now saying it will only supply upgrades to those who have downloaded the add-on. This is wrong! Can someone please tell me how I can fix this or indeed if there is a fix and if there is any site other than this one to repair THERE faulty product. I feel I have been ripped off because as of now this 757 product IS NOT compatable as a FSX Add on despite the box saying so.. Any ideas anyone?.. Thanks
silverbeard21 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 11:06am
Hi Starion1.
 I think you have got the wrong end of the stick. Is your question directed at the 757 Fremium version that has just been released or any other of the 757 simulations out there. If it is the Captain Sim version (just guessing) published by JF then you need to install the update 4.4 (for fsx) from this site (support). A further update has been issued by Cpt. Sim but is not yet available to JF customers. I don't know if it ever will be, as it makes some fundemental changes and may not lend its self to up dating.

David

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT
starion1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 12:51pm
Hi David,

Thank you for the info, yes it is the boxed version I have purchased and have tried that install 4.4 you mentioned but it had no effect on the problem. I have since contacted Amazon.com and the seller of Justflight 757 and requested a full refund as despite the packaging stating compatable with FSX it is definately not the case and people might be better strearing well clear of Justflight products in the future if this is how they treat consumers.. Thanks

Mark
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 1:32pm
Hi again
   I'm sorry you feel that way. I have the same disc as you and mine works perfectly well. I fly all over the world with it and have no major problems at all. I find it a superb procedural aircraft to set up and fly. If you don't set it up correctly then you wont be able to fly it. It is still not a perfect  sim but it is getting there. No simulator can be perfect by it's very nature, in fact none of them are,  modern aircraft are very complex and very few home computers can run one perfectly. As an aside Just Flight are only the publishers - not the developers. You could try a little patience and learn a little more about the systems and procedures and perhaps then you it will fly right.

Good luck

David

Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:27pm
I think this issue has been raised before and there was a fix, try searching.

It should be remembered though that JF do not develop it, they just publish it.

It's like buying a Panasonic TV from Tesco which doesn't work. Sure, you could get a refund from Tesco, but if you need technical support, you'll have to ring the developers, ie Panasonic.

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 3:13pm
Mark,

Have you considered speaking to Just Flight about your issue, via the support forum?

You can also check out the developers website, and do a search for the issue you mention.

As for it "not being compatible with FSX" that's ridiculous, considering the vast majority of us have no issues.

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 3:17pm
Mark... It took me just a couple of minutes to find this...

Have you tried it? It's the fix that seems to work for rocking issues!

If not, download the latest FSUIPC and install. Making sure the old version is properly uninstalled.
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 4:53pm
Anybody with this problem
Perhaps a little surgery of your 757 config. file might help. I do not suffer from any of the route departure problems, so here is a copy of the relevant section of my config file. The custom autopilot section can be found well down near the bottom of the 757-200 config. file. Keep a copy of the original - just in case.

[Custom Autopilot]
AP_Roll_speed=4
AP_Roll_window=7
AP_Roll_controlstep=3000
AP_Roll_mincontrol=-15884
AP_Roll_maxcontrol=15884
AP_Pitch_speed=0.3
AP_Pitch_window=2.5
AP_Pitch_controlstep=41
AP_Pitch_mincontrol=-12200
AP_Pitch_maxcontrol=14200
AP_VS_speed=320
AP_VS_window=930
AP_VS_controlstep=0.9
AP_VS_mincontrol=-15
AP_VS_maxcontrol=30
AP_FLCH_speed=2
AP_FLCH_window=16

I hope this helps
David

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 9:59am
But the latest FSUIPC is your first port of call, before messing with files.
starion1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 10:58am
Hi All,

Thank you for all your feedback, but alas I have sent it back to the seller. I do not believe in tweeking software on a game such as this because the developer will not cooperate with the customer. Sent back for a full refund and WIlL NEVER EVER purchase ANYTHING with Just Flight written on it.

On a lighter note, does anyone know if there are any other great ad-ons like 767-200 what I had for fs9 the actually works on FSX?.. Been trawling the sites and there does not seem to be anything good released since 767 for fs9. I don't want to download the 767 for fsx as my trust in such things has long gone.. Cheers. Mark
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 11:02am
Hi,

How exactly have we not co-operated with you?

Quote Because I purchased the boxed version last month, the site is now saying it will only supply upgrades to those who have downloaded the add-on. This is wrong!

Where have you read this? We don't even do a download version of this title and we certainly do not state the above on our site.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 11:09am
Quote because the developer will not cooperate with the customer

Aside from the comment RAS has already made - JustFlight are NOT the developer - they are the publisher which is a separate thing entirely.

Also, it's not unusual to have to tweek flight sim add-ons, especially those which depend on an entirely separate third party product, in this case FSUIPC.

If you have a beef, it's with Captain Sim (who wrote the product) and Pete Dowson (who wrote FSUIPC), not Just Flight.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 2:32pm
Me thinks Just Flight are owed an apology.
starion1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 2:50pm
My apologise to justflight, but they had there name all over this product and I went to the front cover so to speak. I have returned the product now. Thank you.
MarioR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 1:47am
HI, you don't have anough speed. That's why you are rocking left and right. Add Speed and it will fly correctly.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 2:57am
Speed is irrelevant for AP stability in most situations.

The notice about only supporting downloads is on the Captain Sim site.

http://www.captainsim.com/support/boxed.html

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 10:05am
It's also a very old post, no longer relevant, that has been dragged up. Wink

As Vulcan said, it's nothing to do with speed, it was a known issue, with a known fix.

No need to debate a posters issue that is over a year old.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic