This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 757 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Plan import and other

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seeckt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight Plan import and other
    Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 2:05pm
Hi everybody,

the 757 was installed with no errors.

But the FSM doesn't show any plan. There's a line of iiiiiiii only. Next point. the menue bar shows the text for a few seconds. Then either nothing is shown or colours of the rainbow. Switching from Full Sreen to Window or vice versa enables the text for a few seconds again.

Do I have to call an exorcist or is there something better?
Joachim View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joachim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 7:08pm

I am having exactly the same problem, were you able to solve it yet?

seeckt View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seeckt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 3:20pm
Unfortunately not.
Joachim View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joachim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 7:20pm

Just wondering is your FSX installation language in English?

seeckt View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seeckt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 9:55am
No - German
Joachim View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joachim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 10:27am

As do I. I think it has something to do with the language. My FSX language is german too.  

Try this, even thoug this did not work fo me.

Create the folder Flight Simulator X-Files in My Documents and put some flight plans in that folder. Does it work then?

I am in touch with Just Flight support but have yet to get it to work. If I find anything out, I'll post it here.

seeckt View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seeckt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 1:50pm
Thanks for the hint. But no it doesn't work.
Otto Groschenbügel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Groschenbügel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 11:01pm
Seems like the FMC can't find the correct path of the flightplan folder.I had the same problem with Prepar3d.

The FMC looks into the default FSX folder. As I don't have FSX installed, I got this error too.

But when I activate that small little program that tells all the addons that Prepar3d is FSX (is it allowed to mention it's name here ?) so that they can be installed there, and run Prepar3d, the FMC does find the correct path to the Prepar3d flightplan folder and I can open it there.It's not an ideal solution,

I would prefer to edit some init file with the correct path but I don't know if it is possible...
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 11:09pm
Hi, have you redownloaded the 757 lately? I believe this problem was addressed several weeks ago.
Joachim View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joachim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 11:14pm
I sent this information to support too and here is my solution, which is working great:

After a long time, I was able to solve this problem just recently. By linking the two directories, creating a hardlink between them:

Flight Simulator X Files <> Flight Simulator X-Dateien

They act as one "folder" and the FMC finds the right files.

Works very well and not just for this product.
This is a common issue with other add-ons too.

To create the hardlink I used DirLinker: http://dirlinker.codeplex.com/ It can also be done via command http://www.windows7home.net/how-to-create-symbolic-link-in-windows-7/

So it might work with Prepar3D too, by linking different folders, where the software expects to find files, you can create a symbolic link.

And yes I heard a fix is in the works, so there might have been a silent update to the 757 Freemium.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Groschenbügel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 12:25am
Wow, looks like a VERY helpful program, I'll try it.

I could use it with REX too, which also has a seperate folder for flightplans... I'll try tomorrow

Dankeschön!

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 12:34pm
A few weeks ago we rolled in the a fix for the iiiiiii problem. Just redownload and it should fix it
seeckt View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seeckt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 1:26pm
I redownloaded it. But now the FMS tells me "JF LICENSE FAILURE" "PRODUCT NOT LICENSED" "CONTACT JF SUPPORT"

And now?
Joachim View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joachim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 9:57am
I would do just that then seeckt if you don't get a reply here, send a support email to Just Flight.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Groschenbügel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 11:15am
A I downloaded the latest Freemium 757 file, I think the error is still present here when installed to Prepar3d. But with the help of "dirlinker", mentioned above everything works fine now !

And what a nice plane it is !!
Joachim View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joachim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 9:08pm
Yeah I also re-downloaded the 757 Freemium again to see if some things were fixed, including the problem mentioned above but noticed the file was exactly the one I already had, so I don't think it has been updated yet but I am glad my suggestion helped :-)
phnl View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phnl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 9:31pm
I do not have this problem with my 757, everything
working great. I am using 'LOAD ACTIVE' and 'LOAD STBY' option only.
DIRECT ROUTE useless here, it always show you wrong
distance and never show direction.
Alex
Joachim View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joachim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 7:45pm
The issue only applies to non-english FSX installations.
sonaltesse View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonaltesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 2:06pm
Same issue here with a French FSX installation and 757 package downloaded today. Seems like issue is still there.

Creating the link as said by Joachim did the trick, just some precision about creating this link: 

It's a "Directory junction", not a "Hardlink", Hardlinks work only for individual files.
The corresponding command to create it is: mklink /J <link name> <Target name> 

You can simply create it from a command window (here under Win 8.1) with the following steps:

1/ Open a command window
2/ Navigate to your "My Documents" folder. According to the Windows language version, the name can be different ("Documents" for French Windows)

C:\Users\Nicolas>cd Documents

3/ Enter the following command, here for a French Windows. Be careful to replace the "Fichiers Flight Simulator X" by your FSX file folder name, according to your language version:

C:\Users\Nicolas\Documents>mklink /J "Flight Simulator X Files" "Fichiers Flight Simulator X"

4/ Start FSX.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic