This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Battle of Britain 70th Anniversary
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hurricane mixture control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hurricane mixture control
    Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 5:26pm
Hello,

I have the wonderful Just Flight's Hurricane. The model work fine. However I have a question about the Mk 1 model. The airplane is equiped with a mixture control.  On other WWII airplane one can use a CHT gauge to adjust the mixture. With the Hurricane I have not seen a CHT gauge. So how can I adjust the mixture control?

Thank you for youur help

Have a good day

Benoit
bmd View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 2:40pm
Hello,

I have bought the Hurricane I manual from eFlightManuals

[ ] Hurricane I Aeroplane Merlin II engine, Air Publication 1564A vol. I, March, 1939

In this manual I have found the following information:

12. Mixture control lever  (section I para 12)

The automatic mixture control lever (1) has two positions only i.e. "Rich" ans "Weak"; there are no intermediate positioins. The adjustment of the mixture strenght to meet the varying conditions of altitude is  effected by the automatic unit on the
engine. The mixture control lever is returned to the "Rich" position by the losing movement of the throttle control lever.

Have a good day

Benoit
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic