This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 757 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

757 Jetliner - Freemium

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 6:55pm
Smilethank you..Ras..
Jimm57 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimm57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 4:06am
How did you get it to install? When I run the installer I get a blank white box that does nothing.  The blank white window is an Account log in, and it goes nowhere. So after I kill it, up pops an error window that says " unable to locate 757 Freemium in your JustFlight account. Please ensure you have verified account and run the installer again."

Now I've set up an acct without any credit card info, even registered to use these nice forums, and re-downloaded the 757 Freemium, still gets me nowhere. Very frustrating. Any ideas what to do?

Thanks in advance
TeamNutmeg View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamNutmeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 5:21am
I know it might be a bit of "giving the cow away with the milk," but any chance of getting a paintkit or a set of blank textures for the 757? It'd be a great option for my AirHauler fleet.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamNutmeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 11:00am
Also, a bit of troubleshooting - the United/Continental livery from Pack 7 has British reg codes on the underside of the wings.

Edit: Also also, on the 200 PW Winglet model, the elevators operate in reverse. Of the 8 models I bought (everything but the 300W and the two military models), this is the only one that exhibits this problem.
757nut View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 757nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 11:17am
Bought the combo pack and get String TITLE_MAIN was not found in string table then once okayed I get String TITLE_CAPTIONBAR was not found in string table then String PRODUCT_KEY was not found in string table. Any Ideas, once I okay everything it installs but I have not got all liveries only 12 which are:

Where are my 18 missing ones.
Also the only Virtual cockpit only works in the freemium BA one and no wingviews on any other either.
shmurphy40 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmurphy40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 11:18am
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332/netdefender/hui/ndhui.js?0&0&0"> Hi
 I have a question about the night lighting. While in VC mode can you select only to have the gauges illuminated. At the moment i can only seem to have the entire panle lite up but if i switch to the main panel view you can select to have the panel illuminated or just have the gauges illuminated. Does any one else expierince this. I also have the QW 757 where you have this choice. Apart from that, thanks for an excellent piece of software.

Thanks Shaun
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 11:29am
@757nut: We are currently working to resolve this issue and will be updating the installer shortly.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
757nut View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 757nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 11:30am
Okay thanks Martyn Smile
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamNutmeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 11:55am
@757Nut I found my 200 PW Winglet models were missing from my list as well. Considering how many of the liveries are 200 PW Ws, you may be having the same problem. Once I changed the ui_type entry in the aircraft.cfg, they suddenly reappeared. Perhaps there's a bad unicode character? At any rate, if you want a quick workaround, try changing that line for each aircraft entry to

ui_type="757-200 Pratt & Whitney Winglets"

...and see if that doesn't help. Helpful tip: you can do that while you're in FSX if you alt-tab out. All you have to do is make the change on one entry, then close and re-open the "Select Aircraft" window back in FSX. Since it re-checks all your installed aircraft each time you open that window, it'll see the changes immediately.
757nut View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 757nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 12:04pm
Found other models clicked on cfgGen on each model and I have them in the aircraft list so started up the Thomas cook 757-200 winglet and went to spot view no sign of the aicraft just an invisible one. Confused and no wingview or virtual cockpit.
rhodges View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhodges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 12:38pm
Just downloaded and installed. Thanks Just Flight!

For what it is worth:
1. Started my download last night from the default "download now" link. Speed was unbelievably slow so I went to sleep and left it alone. This morning, I had the white Icon mentioned by others that was not useable.

2. This morning, I tried to download again with the "Server One" alternate option. Download speed was 100 times faster.

3. Closed the link and went to the alternate "Server Two" and speed was doubled again and completed in only a few mins. This download worked just fine for the installation.

So far the only thing I am having trouble with is selecting/creating flightplans in the FMS. Pre-Loaded flight plans load just fine but they are limited to Cardinal Major Airports (and far from all of them). All flight plans in my "My Documents Flight Simulator X" folder give me a "Load Error" when selected. I thought maybe waypoints were limited in the FMS data capability so originated flight plans with only the origin and destination airports (for example KLWBKBTR) and got the same thing. Probably just a short between the ears but I have not found anything in the manual addressing this yet. Possibly the ISG FMS might be an alternate option that might have more or less capability.

Thanks again Just Flight!
RTH
rhodges View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhodges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 1:42pm
Update:

I think I found my problem relative to flight plans in the FMS. I normally originate flight plans in FlightSim Commander. I tried recreating a flight that had not worked useing only the FSX default flight planner accepting what was automatically originated within the defaults. This seems to work fine. Apparently there is something relative to FSC origination that the JF757 FMS does not like. I get a "Load Error" with any flight plans originated with that program. It appears that everything works just fine if the flight plan is originated only within the default FSX flight planner.

Respectfully:
RTH

Originally posted by rhodges rhodges wrote:

Just downloaded and installed. Thanks Just Fligjt!

For what it is worth:
1. Started my download last night from the default "download now" link. Speed was unbelievably slow so I went to sleep and left it alone. This morning, I had the white Icon mentioned by others that was not useable.

2. This morning, I tried to download again with the "Server One" alternate option. Download speed was 100 times faster.

3. Closed the link and went to the alternate "Server Two" and speed was doubled again and completed in only a few mins. This download worked just fine for the installation.

So far the only thing I am having trouble with is selecting/creating flightplans in the FMS. Pre-Loaded flight plans load just fine but they are limited to Cardinal Major Airports (and far from all of them). All flight plans in my "My Documents Flight Simulator X" folder give me a "Load Error" when selected. I thought maybe waypoints were limited in the FMS data capability so originated flight plans with only the origin and destination airports (for example KLWBKBTR) and got the same thing. Probably just a short between the ears but I have not found anything in the manual addressing this yet. Possibly the ISG FMS might be an alternate option that might have more or less capability.

Thanks again Just Flight!
RTH
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 1:58pm
Hi RTH,

The FMS was designed to import flight plans created using the default FSX flight planner, so any plans that don't contain exactly the same structure cannot be imported.

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
rhodges View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhodges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 4:30pm
Thanks Martyn, and thanks for the kind free contribution of the nice bird.
RTH
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi RTH,

The FMS was designed to import flight plans created using the default FSX flight planner, so any plans that don't contain exactly the same structure cannot be imported.

Thanks
slowbird View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 7:21pm
There is no manual of any kind, is there. I would need one, a simple tutorial of the FMC, AP and over head panel etc wouls be nice.
Ben435 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben435 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 7:27pm
A manual comes with the installation.

It should be under Start>All Programs>JustFlight>757 Jetliner>Manual.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Ben435
George View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 7:55pm
Like to say, think its a good aircraft, very quick at stopping, shame it takes ages to get airborne again! Then again I was flying in and out of a 3k foot strip .
Loaded it into AH, was so pleased to see it carried 60,000lbs of cargo, and I'm now going to use it as my aircraft of choice! Might have to buy the Britannia livery, I want to go retro with my company, and got a USAF Lockheed Globemaster so far
But I had an enjoyable touch-and-go session, for the first time in VC, and that again is very crisp and clear, and certainly enjoyable.
Thank you JustFlight!
shmurphy40 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmurphy40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 8:04pm
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332/netdefender/hui/ndhui.js?0&0&0"> Hi All
 I dont know if my previos post was mist but i need a couple of questiosns answered. My first question from my original post is. While in VC mode can you select only to have the gauges illuminated. At the moment i can only seem to have the entire panel lite up but if i switch to the main panel view you can select to have the panel illuminated or just have the gauges illuminated. Does any one else expierince this. I also have the QW 757 on my system where you have this choice. My second question is trying out the aircraft doing circuits and bumps round my local airport (EGFF) i am having some problems trying to capture the localizer, i tune every thing in correctly to runway 30 which ILS 110.70, the plane turns on the runway heading but fails to decend, what am i doing wrong. I have read the manual and tried diffirent things but still have no joy. I approach to cxapture the ILS at the right angle and altitude which is 2500 ft or i ave tried 3000 ft but as i said, it will pick up on the runway heading but fails to decend. Hope i have explained myself ok. Apart from the nice piece of kit.

Cheers Shaun
jomni View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 3:01am
Originally posted by rhodges rhodges wrote:

Update:

I think I found my problem relative to flight plans in the FMS. I normally originate flight plans in FlightSim Commander. I tried recreating a flight that had not worked useing only the FSX default flight planner accepting what was automatically originated within the defaults. This seems to work fine. Apparently there is something relative to FSC origination that the JF757 FMS does not like. I get a "Load Error" with any flight plans originated with that program. It appears that everything works just fine if the flight plan is originated only within the default FSX flight planner.

Respectfully:
RTH

I can load a plan from FSCommander (saved in FSX format) without any problems.

Comments for other prevoius posts:
I was able to land the plane using ILS and it tracked the glideslope.

I would love to use this in Air Hauler to retire my 737's.  60,000 lbs of cargo is great for a medium range plane.  But I would prefer to have a paint kit.
http://jomnisgames.blogspot.com
slowbird View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Ben435 Ben435 wrote:

A manual comes with the installation.

It should be under Start>All Programs>JustFlight>757 Jetliner>Manual.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Ben435

It really does help. Thank you, I feel so stupid...Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic