This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Orange Line Air Freight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hero540 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orange Line Air Freight
    Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 7:46am

Orange Line Air Freight, run by owner and chief pilot, Lee, has begun operations in Bakersfield, California. Working from a rented hangar in Bakersfield Municipal Airport, this one-man cargo operation is easily recognized by it's Orange and Black paint scheme on it's flagship, a Beechcraft D-18.

Despite the plane's age, it is well maintained and the company has already landed a few contracts to move some freight around the county. Lee has already started flying these jobs. As the only worker for the company he is staying quite busy, he says, between flying and working directly with clients.

"I have big plans for the future," says Lee, "I want to expand the company and get some larger planes and a few more pilots."

Lee is satisfied with how the company is now, and doesn't mind being a one man operation for a long period of time. He says his love of flying helps it seem less like work.

Look for the iconic orange and black Beechcraft rumbling overhead in Bakersfield!
crmathie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crmathie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 8:47am
Great paint job.

Col.
ShrewsburyFC View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShrewsburyFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 10:12am
Very nice! Cool
Hero540 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hero540 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 10:40am
Thank you guys! I'm glad you like it. I also have repaints for the DC-3 and Beechcraft Baron I would love to own as a part of Orange Line's fleet someday. These are the exact repaints I used for a VA of the same name I owned sometime ago, using FsPassengers to submit pireps and such. It was pretty fun, but most of the people that joined didn't understand that I was trying to simulate a small cargo op based in Australia that used only prop liners. They wanted big jumbo jets and generally just complained day in, day out, despite the fact that I had a section that explained straight up front how Orange Line was intended to be and that they shouldn't be a part of it if they disliked it.

Because of Airhauler, I can now have my company again!    
ICE View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 8:06pm
Fab repaint!

H
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic