This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Trains > JT General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trainz Version?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trainz Version?
    Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 8:11pm
It appears that there have been no posts to this forum.  That's frightening.  I know that I registered for a Just Trains forum, but its lost in cyberspace now.  My question is a very stupid one...just right for the occasion.

LOL I just fired up a Verizon DSL.  With it was a Game pack containing Trainz.  My grandson loved it because it gave him a consist page that allowed him to build all sorts of crazy trains.  I found that the game-pack was costing me $20 a month, and decided to purchase the software.  I've purchased MSTS, and Trainz 2004, and I cant find the consist page that was in the Verizon version of Trainz or something similar in MSTS.  If I continue to purchase software...Verizon will win again...again...again...

If there is any one out there, and if you can understand my syntax, please tell me which version of Trainz has that consist page.
'nuf sed
papaw
Every day is good-some are great!
Biscuits View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biscuits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 4:50pm
Hey there.

I know that in Trainz Simulator 2006 they moved the consist editing to the Surveyor part; You add the Consists while editing the map. I hope this is the case in TRS 2004 for your sake.

(Click surveyor on the main screen then choose the consist tab thing on the right of the screen)
papaw View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 7:05pm
Biscuits,
Thank you,  I have already found the consist screen in Surveyor, however, it is too complicated for my Grandson.  If I knew which version had that consist screen under Driver, that was very easily edited, he would be having fun.  I now have Trainz Classics, Trainz 2004, Trainz 2006, and MSTS.  No joy yet. I don't know what version Verizon has, nor do they.  As a retired Bell Atlantic engineer, I'm getting very upset with Verizon.  We call it the Crazy Company.  I no longer hold any of their stock.Smile
thanks anyway
Denver davis
Biscuits View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biscuits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 9:31pm

Sorry I missed this in my previous post, it may have saved you a large sum of money, but the Consist Page is available under the game "Ultimate Trainz Collection", which is yet another separate game :(

papaw View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 4:03pm
Hi Bisquits,
Hey fella, I found the version of Trainz that Verizon has!  Its Version 1 Service Pack 3, Build 277.  I'm wagering that it is Virtually impossible to find, however, I'm back on the trail.  I've become hooked on train simulation now, so I'll probably go ahead and purchase "Ultimate Trainz Collection" for my use, vice my Grandson.  I've been into flight simulation since ~ 1980, starting on a Commodore 64.  I've done about all there is to do there, from flying a Cub to developing scenery.  Train sim has re-ignited that portion of my brain, so I'll just start climbing that learning curve.

Thanks again...again...again
'nuf sed
Denver
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic