This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Few Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toriu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Few Problems
    Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 9:23pm
Purchased the boxed version of Traffic X and installed, no problem, however have a few issues that are occurring since the install. My default flight is from Gatwick (EGKK) to Dusseldorf (EDDL) with the CS767. 1.After hitting the "Fly Now" I find I'm parked on top of another aircraft. 2. Many parked AI aircraft are half inside the airport terminals. 3. At the take off runway there is a "queue" of aircraft that are on top of each other, they don't move. Will appreciate any help on this.
BigTex View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigTex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 2:14am
Are you using other AI traffic programs as well?  I seem to remember this problem coming up a couple of years ago, and the problem was being caused by freeware AI traffic.

Rick
toriu View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toriu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 2:56am
Rick, Thanks for the reply. I was using MyTraffic X V5.2b Pro before but un-installed it as per their detailed un-install procedure. I don't have any freeware AI traffic installed.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 7:25pm
It sounds to me as though you may have two versions of Gatwick running simultaneously. Be aware that custom airports added to the FSX Scenery Library should appear higher in the Scenery Library list than Traffic X Airport Facilities. If you are using a custom version of Gatwick, then move it above Traffic X Airport Facilities. Alternatively, you could disable the Traffic X version of Gatwick by going to C:\...Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\TrafficX\AirportFacilities (or AirportFacilitiesX)\Scenery. On my computer, the Traffic X file for Gatwick is AFX_EGKK.bgl. You could just rename the file to AFX_EGKK_bgl to disable it.

Dan
Edspace View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edspace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 10:06pm
Can I just chip in here. Change your default flight away from Gatwick. FSX is notorious for double loading airports when one of them is the default flight. I used to get Double jetways and searched for conflicting airports and there weren't any. So make the default flight some far off and see if the problem still occurs.
toriu View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toriu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 11:24pm
Thanks guys, will try all your suggestions.
toriu View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toriu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 2:25am

Success ! Thanks again guys.Thumbs%20Up

Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 4:30am
Originally posted by toriu toriu wrote:

Success !

Glad you resolved the problem. What did you do to resolve it?

Dan
toriu View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toriu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 4:59am
Traffic X Airport Facilities was on top in the Scenery Library list, moved it down below all my add on airports. Is there any particular place in the list it should be?
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 5:42am
Originally posted by toriu toriu wrote:

Traffic X Airport Facilities was on top in the Scenery Library list, moved it down below all my add on airports. Is there any particular place in the list it should be?

There are some items that should appear below Traffic X Airport Facilities. I have Default Terrain at the bottom of my Scenery Library list. Above that I have Default Scenery. Above those two items I have the folders that contain the default FSX airports. The default airports are contained in folders having names such as "1107 Base." Above the FSX default airport folders, I have the regional folders, such as Central North America, Western Europe, etc. I also have the Addon Scenery folder below Traffic X Airport Facilities. As you discovered, the important thing is to have the individual custom airports contained in the Addon Scenery folder appear above Traffic X Airport Facilities in the Scenery Library list.

Dan
toriu View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toriu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 4:33am
Thanks Dan, all running smoothly now. I'm very impressed with the program.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic