This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Removing Default Traffic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejwells409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing Default Traffic
    Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 11:09pm
I purchased TrafficX so I could see and hear real Air Traffic. What I have right now is a mix of TrafficX and the funky default traffic. Can I simply delete the default traffic file or does TrafficX somehow work in conjunction with the default?
Ed Wells TSGT (Ret)AFRC
ejwells409 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejwells409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 1:35am
Figured it out (I think).
Ed Wells TSGT (Ret)AFRC
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 10:11am
The Traffic X installer should automatically remove the FSX default traffic for you as part of the install process.  It does this by renaming the "TrafficAircraft.bgl" file found in your "C:\...\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Scenery\World\Scenery" folder.  It renames it from "TrafficAircraft.bgl" to "TrafficAircraft._bgl" (note the underscore character).

If you uninstall Traffic X, the uninstaller should rename that file back from "TrafficAircraft._bgl" to "TrafficAircraft.bgl" as part of the uninstall process.

If you need to, you can, of course, rename the file manually, yourself.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic