This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

69% of Britions say they are Christians

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 69% of Britions say they are Christians
    Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 6:51pm
And 55% of  25 to 34-year-olds according to the The Office for National Statistics

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043045/Modern-Britain-70-claim-Christians-1-5-gay.html

Flightboy
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 7:33pm
Whoa... beware the stats...

Quote The Office for National Statistics’ new Integrated Household Survey, which collects the views of 420,000 people, found that 69 per cent of people in Britain said they were Christian.

Nearly nine in ten over-65s are Christian. But even in the least religious age group, 25 to 34-year-olds, more than half – 55 per cent – profess Christianity.

Fifty-nine per cent of 16 to 24-year-olds and 60 per cent of under-16s said they were Christian.

I was never asked to complete this survey.

The only survey that counts is the Census as it asks everyone.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 8:18pm

Good pointy point there.

420,000... There are 60 million in the UK I believe.

And anything form the Daily Fail should be treated with suspicion.
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 9:22pm
I dont know why its such a exact number but it wasnt the daily mail that did the actual survey BUT i did notice they claim only 1.5% of people are gay....4.8% chose not to answer which maybe says alot haha

We all love the daily fail really, and the comments under their articles are usually hillarious

Flightboy
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 6:49am
Would be interesting to know how many people class themselves as English instead of British today too.
mjrhealth View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjrhealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 10:25am
Be intersesting to know, how many christians God would classify as christians. ???

Maybe 2%
Haswell 4770K @ 4.2(so far) Gigabtye GAZ87XUD3H 8 Gig Cas 9 DDR3 16000 MHz Ram, NVIDIA GTX 680 2Gig Video, Win 7 64 bit.
737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 11:19am
"Theres probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life."

Couldn't agree more, although I would say, "there is almost certainly no God..."
Generic forum signature
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by 737Chris 737Chris wrote:

Couldn't agree more, although I would say, "there is almost certainly no God..."

Which oddly is a belief as well oh how I laughed

Flightboy

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 1:21pm
Indeed, but he did say almost certainly. The religious say definitely is.

737Chris View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 737Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Flightboy Flightboy wrote:

Which oddly is a belief as well oh%20how%20I%20laughed

Flightboy

Ah, you're not going to come out with the old "atheism itself is a religion!" chestnut are you? *derp face*
Generic forum signature
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 12:36pm

Originally posted by Flightboy Flightboy wrote:

Which oddly is a belief as well oh%20how%20I%20laughed

Flightboy

Ah, you're not going to come out with the old "atheism itself is a religion!" chestnut are you? *derp face*

never said religion Wink but it is a belief

Flightboy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic