This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help me Freddy! (or anyone)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattnoakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me Freddy! (or anyone)
    Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 9:38pm
Hello to all! I have TrafficX and it seems to be fine other than a few issues.I created some new flight plans (no errors),saved them and recompiled to the trafficx.bgl (overwrite).At the airport and time that I set in the flight plans my traffic is not showing.Other TrafficX AI traffic is showing,but not mine.The flight plans that I created use the default PA28-180 which is not showing as I stated.I searched the flight plans that are already a part of TrafficX for Default PA28-180 traffic and went to that airport about 15 minutes before departure and waited.The PA28-180's do not appear parked anywhere on the airport and never materialize for their flight.I went to the Hanger & FleetDataBase and the Default PA28-180 is in the FleetDataBase but not the Hanger and it will not appear in FSX for my flight plans or for TrafficX stock flight plans.The other FSX Default aircraft do display according to the TafficX program. Thanks for any help, Matt.Smile
P.S.I really like TrafficX.I just hope to get the kinks worked out.
Matthew Noakes
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 12:02am
Quote The PA28-180's do not appear parked anywhere on the airport and never materialize for their flight ... and it will not appear in FSX for my flight plans or for TrafficX stock flight plans

So you are saying that no Piper Cherokee planes appear in FSX at all?  Not for your flight plans, nor for TrafficX stock flight plans either?

What about other Traffic X planes (eg, Cessna 152)? Do you see those at other airports?

In other words, is the problem only with the Piper Cherokees?  All other Traffic X planes appear and work fine?

mattnoakes View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattnoakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 5:31am
Thanks for your response Freddy!Sorry for my delay but been busy with work.I tinkered a little more with TrafficX and here's my problem. I do see TrafficX planes as well as default FSX planes flying about,including the Piper 180.any flight plans that I make don't show.I have tried the J-3,Piper 180,Mooney and Cessna 172.I have tried making circuit flights and flights to other airports and back,but niether seem to materialize.A few times I thought the planes taxiing were mine but the Reg. or N# did not match what I had entered in the flight plan.I am applying and saving all my flight plans and compiling to FSX via the "Traffic Movements",yet my flights are not showing.Thanks again,Matt.
Matthew Noakes
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 12:07am
Be aware with Traffic X, when you compile, the resulting Reg. or N# that you see in FSX will not be the one you typed in to the flight plan screen in Traffic Control Centre.  The compile assigns a random Reg. or N#.  The assigned number is based on what you typed, so you will still see an N# for example, but it won't be the exact one that you typed in.

To confirm your planes are (or are not) appearing after your flight plan add/edit and compile, choose an airport that is 100% empty.  No planes.  Add ONE plane.  Compile.  Run FSX.  When it runs, you should see FSX updating its database (it shows a percentage bar as it does this).  If you see the percentage bar as FSX runs, then you know that "something" has changed (which, of course, should be your newly added plane).  Now see if this one plane appears at this airport.  Remember to change the time in FSX as you check for your plane.  I usually set the time to be one hour before I expect the plane to be there.  And then I change it again, increasing it by a half-hour, and checking again.  Increase another half-hour, check once more.  And continuing with half-hour intervals so that I have checked a good range either side of the scheduled arrival and departure times.

==================

A note about CIRCUIT flights (touch-and-go) ... These will generally only appear at airports that do not have other AI traffic.  If the airport has a lot of other AI planes, the touch-and-go planes won't show.  This is, apparently, a limitation of FSX.  To see touch-and-go planes, you should assign these only to airports which have ZERO (or barely any) other AI planes.

==================
mattnoakes View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattnoakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 5:22am
Hello Freddy, Thanks for the detailed response and your time! I will follow your instructions and report my findings.Work and the wife (and life),keep me from spending more time with FSX but I will let you know how things work out ASAP. Matt Smile
Matthew Noakes
EDU View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EDU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2011 at 11:18pm
For what it's worth, I am having the same problem.  I have read the tutorials and am pretty sure that my flight plans are correct.  Was hoping to find solution here, but at least I know I'm not alone, and will try Freddy's suggestions, although I have checked airports at a variety of times before and after the flight.  Wondering if Daylight Savings Time is considered by Traffic X.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 4:18pm
Although I expect the information I am about to present below will not solve completely the problems that Matthew and EDU are experiencing, I think the information will be of interest to many forum members. The information comes from the FSDeveloper Community Forum. I quote Flight Simulator expert Reggie Fields:

"The "arrival time" in AI flight plans is the time the aircraft arrives in the airport active AI zone area. It is not the arrival at the runway time.

FS2004 takes the arrival time listed in the traffic file, and back times the aircraft by 15 minutes to make the aircraft appear at the edge of the AI traffic zone. Unless the airport is very busy the AI aircraft should be on approach about the correct 'arrival time'.

FSX does basically the same thing, though the FSX active AI zone is twice as far out from the user aircraft as FS2004.

You cannot start a flight and see an AI aircraft arrive on approach and land within the first couple minutes. The program is not set up that way.

AI aircraft are generated at their flightplan cruise altitude, and have to descend to the airport. A few may be generated at lower altitudes - but FS still needs 5 to 10 minutes to stabilize the incoming aircraft, set up their vectors for approach to the IAF and get them sequenced.

AI aircraft will not be working consistently according to their flight plans until about 15 minutes after you start the flight."

Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 4:48pm
To both Matthew and EDU:

If your traffic density sliders in FSX are not at 100 percent, then try increasing them, and see what happens.

Dan
EDU View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EDU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Soaranden Soaranden wrote:

To both Matthew and EDU:

If your traffic density sliders in FSX are not at 100 percent, then try increasing them, and see what happens.

Dan

Setting sliders to 100% increases the traffic and can make for a "bumpy" ride around busy airports.  However, it has not solved the problem of the missing flights that have been created with flight plans.  I've been working on this off and on for several days and have not yet found a solution.  I have also been in contact with support, but no solution yet.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 6:10am
Originally posted by EDU EDU wrote:

For what it's worth, I am having the same problem.  I have read the tutorials and am pretty sure that my flight plans are correct.  Was hoping to find solution here, but at least I know I'm not alone, and will try Freddy's suggestions, although I have checked airports at a variety of times before and after the flight.  Wondering if Daylight Savings Time is considered by Traffic X.

Just a reminder that the Tutorial forgets to mention the very important fact that after you make changes to the flight plans or add new flights plans you need to RECOMPILE the traffic database so that your changes appear in FSX.  Following the Tutorial shows you how to add/edit, but it does not tell you that when you're done, you need to remember to do the RECOMPILE.  I mention this here only just in case the issue of you're not seeing your flight planned planes is because you are not recompiling your traffic database.

Note that due to a "randomness" factor built-in to the compile process, sometimes a plane that you have added (or edited) may NOT appear in FSX after you recompile the traffic database.  Just recompile a second, or even third time, to be sure.  I've had cases where I compile and can see my plane ... but on the next compile that I do, the plane is gone and no longer shows.  I just recompile again.  It can be pot luck, but eventually the compile gives me the traffic that I'm after.  I don't understand the logic behind why this randomness thing with the compile(s) exists, but it is apparent that it is built-in on purpose.  So, if at first you do not see your plane, just recompile again and check a second time ... or third ...

As for the Daylight Savings question...  Traffic X doesn't manage the time.  The time comes from Flight Simulator.
EDU View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EDU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 2:24am
Thank you for this reminder.  I have made a few mistakes in my flight planning, like not checking the airport facilities.  But I've read the tutorials again and believe that I have created some viable plans, and I've recompiled each time.  I'm still not seeing ANY of these flights, and I have allowed for daylight savings time.  If there are random elements, it only makes troubleshooting more difficult.  I am finding several other "glitches" in the software, and while some errors may be mine, it has been difficult to resolve these errors due to what appears to be incomplete documentation as well as rather sketchy support.  It would be nice if this software simply worked as advertized.  Anyhow, I appreciate the help offered here. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic