This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings from Alaska

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote americanflyer82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings from Alaska
    Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 7:03am

Here are some images from my flights around Alaska. I've never actually been there, but after watching "Flying Wild Alaska" I figured it would be the most interesting place to run AH out of.

For those who are curious, I'm on XP with REX 2.0 Overdrive, FSX weather engine, and Ultimate Alaska X for the terrain and scenery. The only alterations to screenshots are occasional use of auto contrast. Enjoy.

Career Mode - Carenado Fleet - C185F Bush, C206G x2, C208B, C340ii, Bonanza A36
Addons - TrackIR 5 Pro, REX 2.0 Overdrive, Ultimate Alaska X, Ultimate Terrain X USA, GEX North America
americanflyer82 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote americanflyer82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 7:03am
Exiting the mountains of Chugach State Park on approach for an airfield near Anchorage.

Addons - TrackIR 5 Pro, REX 2.0 Overdrive, Ultimate Alaska X, Ultimate Terrain X USA, GEX North America
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote americanflyer82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 7:12am
Flying from Aniak to Ruby.

Sunset.

Suddenly got really cloudy started to rain lightly. I think that's the Yukon River.

About to land in Ruby.

DaleM View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaleM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 7:35am
Excellent shots you have there. I especially like the first shot with the reflections from the window.
crmathie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crmathie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 1:43pm
Great shots

Col.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote americanflyer82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 3:36pm
Thanks.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 4:23pm
Very nice, well done.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote americanflyer82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 7:54pm
Flying from Bethel to Unalakleet, the clouds were looking very good.

I see an evil teddy bear.

A wall of clouds ahead.

Lucas D. View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 1:10am
Great shots, I also have Ultimate Alaska X. Great isn't it??
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote americanflyer82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 4:18am
Thanks and yeah it is. I've seen some odd things though at some of the small airstrips. Like water running under the runway. Some edges of water have run into what's suppose to be ground and doesn't look very realistic when it slopes up.
Lucas D. View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 2:22pm
Yeah I've noticed those things too. Also I hate when the runways are in a ditch with trees on both ends so that it is extremely hard to land on them without diving haha
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote americanflyer82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 4:49am
I think this was along the river south of Aniak.

A mountain in the Aleutian Islands.

I tried using the DC-2 Beaver for a bit, but wasn't getting jobs to water runways.

However there was a job to an airport that was close enough to the water to count.

In the
mountains between Anchorage and Valdez.

Passing Russian Mission Airport en route to Unalakleet.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic