This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic X features?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyboy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic X features?
    Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 5:06pm
Hi, I am trying to find which are to me major differences between Traffic X and Ultimate Traffic 2. Does Traffic X have periodic ai schedule updates for all flights like UT2? Also, I enjoyed greatly the previous release, Traffic 2005, with the ability to zoom into any airport to view ai ground movements using the traffic radar and the ability to delete or otherwise manipulate ai on the ground; Is this still possible with Traffic X? Thanks.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 1:05pm
I used to run Traffic 2005, so I am familiar with that product.  I don't know anything about UT2.

Traffic X still has the traffic radar.  It is a very cool feature.  Another great feature in Traffic X is the FOLLOW ME airport truck which you can get in and DRIVE around the airport in ... a great way to see all the planes.  There is also the PUSH BACK truck that you can drive as well.  And, of course, there's "Spotty" the plane spotter - an aviation enthusiast who spends many hours at the airport fence (or wherever you choose to place him) watching the flights come and go with his various assortment of goodies in his bag (binoculars, map, radio, clock, etc).

Sadly, Traffic X does not have periodic AI schedule updates.  However, just like Traffic 2005 did, Traffic X still allows you to add/edit/delete or otherwise manipulate the AI in the sim.  So you can update, change and modify your own schedules as you require.  The interface is very different from Traffic 2005, but once you do a few edits here and there, or add a plane or two, you very quickly get the hang of it.

For screenshots as well as other features and information, have a look at the Just Flight Traffic X web page (here: Just Flight - Traffic X).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic