This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ai problem on third party airport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flo1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ai problem on third party airport
    Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 11:46am
hello,
At LSGL, I have a little problem for AI aircraft, see that:

Any ideas?

thanks
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 12:48am
Since I haven't seen this before, I'm not sure what would cause this. Assuming those aircraft in the air are parked in the air, I would guess that somewhere you have multiple files for the same airport. I would check first to see if you have multiple cvx files (files with "cvx_" or "_cvx" in the file name). Another guess--but one that seems unlikely--is that you have two alt files (files with "_alt" in the file name) for the same airport in the Scenery\World\Scenery folder. However, most airports don't have one alt file in this folder--much less two. A third possibility is that a different airport is causing the problem that you are seeing at this particular airport. You might try deactivating any recently installed airports to see if any of them are responsible for the problem at this airport. (I recently had a problem at KSEA that was caused by an airport on the other side of the planet).

Dan
flo1981 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flo1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 11:05am
hello,
and thanks for your answer, I will check that.
This special addon for LSGL is with a sloping runway... so that's perhaps the reason for this error?
is there a possibility to deactivate Trafic X for this airport? or deactivate some others file or make a "reset" for this airport? (like Ultimate Traffic)
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by flo1981 flo1981 wrote:

This special addon for LSGL is with a sloping runway... so that's perhaps the reason for this error?
is there a possibility to deactivate Trafic X for this airport? or deactivate some others file or make a "reset" for this airport? (like Ultimate Traffic)

Building sloping runways and taxiways at an airport is a multi-step, time-consuming process. Most airport designers who are willing to tackle such a project are likely to be intelligent enough to complete the process successfully. However, no one is perfect, so it's possible that something went awry or that something was overlooked.

It's easy to deactivate specific airports in Traffic X. Go to Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\TrafficX\AirportFacilities(or AirportFacilitiesX)\Scenery. Find the file for the airport, and add an underscore ("_") to the end of the file extension so that it reads ".bgl_" and also, in the same folder, be sure to look for any associated cvx file for the airport. For any cvx file that is found for the airport, add an underscore to the end of its bgl file extension, too.

Dan
flo1981 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flo1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 12:24pm
many thanks for your answer, I will do that.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 12:55pm
If none of my above suggestions fix the problem, you might try looking on another forum to see if anyone else has encountered the same problem and to see if anyone has found a solution. In the case of the problem with KSEA that I mentioned above, I found that many other people had encountered the same problem. It took a couple of months, though, before someone found the solution. The solution was found by deactivating addon scenery, one at a time, in the FSX Scenery Library. This enabled discovery of a freeware addon airport on the other side of the planet that was causing the problem at KSEA. Since I have a large number of addon airports in my FSX Scenery Library, taking the time to do one-at-a-time deactivation is something that I had not wanted to do, myself. Particularly, I didn't take the time to do the deactivating, myself, since I knew that a lot of other people had been having the same problem at KSEA. I figured one of those people would eventually come up with the cause of the problem, and one of them did.

Dan
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 11:39pm
I found this post interesting.

I am considering some airport scenery add ons. I use Traffic X also.

Is it not the case that when you install an add on airport, the software disables the old scenery? Or do we have to always check and ensure the old airport files are disabled? 

I am thinking of the Orbx add ons.

About the "floating" scenery.  I used to see this with my old PC with 32 bit Vista. Always a memory issue.  Recently I saw this again. I was at LSGS, modified by myself in ADE. I was using the Flight 1 Mustang( a large memory user) and doing some recording, so the memory of my system ( 6GB RAM) was pretty stretched. A re-boot cured this. The foating scenery consisted of the houses on the surrounding hills.

My point is most likely wide of the mark, in the OP issue. But if its a new install and he's on a 32 bit o/s, perhaps its memory related? Did it resolve after a re-boot?

Interesting. I am wary of these airport add ons for the above reasons. Does the airport installer work properly?

Regards
Herky
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 1:38am
Originally posted by Herky Herky wrote:

Is it not the case that when you install an add on airport, the software disables the old scenery?

In general, adding an airport somewhere within the FSX Addon Scenery folder and activating the airport within the Scenery Library in FSX disables the default airport. In general, all airports within the JustFlight\TrafficX\AirportFacilities\Scenery folder disable their corresponding FSX default airports because when Traffic X is set up, Traffic X Airport Facilities is activated within the FSX Scenery Library. (I also have an entry in the Scenery Library for Pluspak X Airport Facilities). Adding an airport to the Addon Scenery folder and activating the airport within the FSX Scenery Library when Traffic X is installed deactivates both the default and Traffic X versions of the airport. Orbx uses FTX Central to toggle Orbx and default airports. Assuming no problems have been introduced by the relative priorities among items in your FSX Scenerny Library, for most of us, most of the time, that's how everything works.

Originally posted by Herky Herky wrote:

Or do we have to always check and ensure the old airport files are disabled?

Only when something unusual has occurred is it necessary to take additional steps. In my case, I modify many airports. If a modification results in a single bgl file, I just put the file in the same folder as the Traffic X airports since that is all that is needed to make the airport active. However, I also need to deactivate the Traffic X version of the airport. Otherwise, FSX would find two active files for the same airport. I can't tell you how many times I've seen the FSDeveloper Community forum advise people to check for such duplication.

The problem that I mentioned with KSEA is a good example of something unusual occurring. A huge building (and I do mean huge) and other objects were blocking access to the south end of the airport. It turned out that some of the scenery files distributed with a freeware version of Chennai (VOMM) contained longitude and latitude coordinates for Seattle, even though Chennai is in India.

Unexpected problems often mean something unusual has happened.

Dan
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 7:44pm
Thanks Dan, thats interesting info.

I always wondered why some ADE airports I edited did not "edit" the airport in FSX..........forgot all about the Traffic X airport filesEmbarrassed!!  These override any airports that appear below the Traffic X file in the FSXScenery Library!

Thanks again

Herky.
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic