This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaylorPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please Help!
    Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 10:29pm
Hello, I' Taylor and I'm new to Traffic X. I need some help if possible. I have just downloaded Traffic X for FSX, and I don't but one or two aircraft, even at huge international airports like KMCO and KLAX. I know they are traffic X aircraft, because I am seeing a Boeing 727, which is not part of the default traffic, and it must be working because I have the tug, follow-me car, and spotty installed. Are there some settings I need to change within FSX, or within Traffic X. Please help!
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 12:20am
Obviously the first thing to check is that your traffic precentage sliders in FSX are up high enough.  Set your GA slider where you feel comfortable, but for airliner traffic I would recommend no higher than 60%.

Even though that 727 is there, you may still have an old FS2004 format traffic database still installed somewhere in FSX. FSX is only capable of running one old format traffic database file and having one installed/running will cause other AI traffic to be suppressed, including Traffic X traffic. Just Flight have a small tool specifically for checking this. Go to the Just Flight Traffic X FAQ screen (here: FAQ for Traffic X), go the FAQS AND SUPPORT section, click on the "I don't see any AI traffic at all after installing Traffic X" link and follow the instructions. Run the tool and see what it says.

I would ALSO try this ... Go back to the Just Flight Traffic X FAQ screen (here: FAQ for Traffic X), go once again to the FAQS AND SUPPORT section, click on the "I get an error when loading the Traffic Control Centre / parts of the Traffic Control Centre do not function" link and follow the instructions to download and install the associated file.  After installing the file, do a recompile of the traffic database. To do the recompile, follow the instructions found here: How do I re-compile the traffic database?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic