This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Airplanes from your fleet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///PESSO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airplanes from your fleet
    Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 7:16pm
Hy, I was wondering if the planes from your fleet are visible? I mean let's say I take off at the same time as the other plane from my fleet is supposed to take off, will I be able to see it?

Thanks
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 7:30pm
If you're in FSX and you're in the right place at the right time, yes.

John Allard
///PESSO View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///PESSO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 8:04pm
No, I'm using the FS9 version. If it won't work I'm going to kill myself oh how I laughed
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 9:48pm
Easy, it's not that bad! AI aircraft aren't supported in FS9 as that's done through SimConnect which is FSX only I'm afraid.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
///PESSO View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///PESSO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 12:19pm
It would have been cool to see the planes from my fleet.  I mean why should I struggle anymore to make liveries and stuff when I won't be seeing them in the first place...that sucks....

Maybe there's a way to make a custom AI by adding the planes from my fleet

Thanks for your reply anyway
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 12:34pm
You could upgrade to FSX, or you could use Traffic X or another traffic product and add some AI routes for your aircraft, but they wouldn't reflect what was happening in AH obviously.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
///PESSO View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///PESSO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 2:05pm
Upgrading to FSX means I have to somehow get around 2500 euros to buy a NASA style PC to be able to run FSX without lag...oh how I laughed
SpamValiant View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpamValiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 3:05pm
When I was running FS9 I used to create traffic files for my airhauler fleet that covered some of the more common routes my AI were using - it didn't reflect the actual flights being run, but I knew that if I set my own flight to start at 7am on a weekday morning I'd get  to see four or five of my planes starting up and setting off, and for flights at other times there was a fair chance I'd be hearing them on the radio, or maybe even bumping into them. About as good as you'll ge for FS9 I'm afraid, but at least you'd get to see those liveries...
///PESSO View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///PESSO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by SpamValiant SpamValiant wrote:

When I was running FS9 I used to create traffic files for my airhauler fleet that covered some of the more common routes my AI were using - it didn't reflect the actual flights being run, but I knew that if I set my own flight to start at 7am on a weekday morning I'd get  to see four or five of my planes starting up and setting off, and for flights at other times there was a fair chance I'd be hearing them on the radio, or maybe even bumping into them. About as good as you'll ge for FS9 I'm afraid, but at least you'd get to see those liveries...

That's exactly what I want to do but I have no idea how. Static airplanes would be good too, I mean just to see them on the airport. As for flight plans, just a simple flight plan in which my airplanes take off and come back let's say every 1 hour or so...that would be great....
George View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by ///PESSO ///PESSO wrote:

Upgrading to FSX means I have to somehow get around 2500 euros to buy a NASA style PC to be able to run FSX without lag...oh how I laughed

I have 8Gb Ram, 6 core processor at 3.2Ghz, a 1GB Video Card (550Ti or something) and a large Hard Drive... and honestly I run FSX at Very High (and higher) without using about half of the power available... but with TrafficX and REX2 and so on and so on...
that was £800 (914 euros), if you can build one yourself its more like £600...

computers get roughly twice as powerful every three months or something... in a year that computer may cost half that...

its closer than you think!

SlimNasty View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlimNasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 8:45am
Hi George,

Nice system, I am running 8GB also, with an i5 2.67 GHz and a GTX 275. Runs fairly smoothly although with all the add-ons I bought originally it does slow down in places, especially Heathrow where I have Mega Airport + VFR London + VFR UK + Traffic 2010 + REX (including overdrive) all running...

Probably drops to about 10 fps there oh how I laughed
SlimNasty
George View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 1:37pm
Don't know about actual FPS readings, but everyone's drops in London! Even PNW region (without scenery) gets laggy from the forests of auto-gen!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic