This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Riots!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:25am
I see you, Dan! Stern%20Smile
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:53am
Originally posted by dan_s dan_s wrote:

Martin I would be happier knowing my tax that I pay is going towards a new prison to put the scum of Britain in rather than a bunch of scrounging immigrants that hate this country. But one can only wish cant they . . .

Yep, absolutely Dan, we all would.

But if any government whacks tax up to build a plethora of prisons, what do you think the result would be?

The opposition party would hammer them as a party that makes the electorate pay more tax, and come election time, the voter would forget all about the lovely new prisons, and vote in favour of their wallets.

There's also a finite amount of revenue that can be gleaned from tax. Spend loads on prisons and hospitals suffer. Spend loads on prisons and perhaps the armed forces suffer. Etc, etc.

I'm with you all the way, but in reality it isn't that easy.

P.S. I see you too. Stern%20Smile
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 12:09pm

Many of the looters or those trying to find excuses for them blame the issue on "no jobs". Solution: get them to build the prisons as part of their punishment, they get a job plus a nice place to stay rent free (which is just as well as they wouldn't be paid) - they get the benefit of learning a valuable trade and a lesson in justice at the same time...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic