This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Riots!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by UberAegis UberAegis wrote:

I think it s time to stop trying to understand these people and come down hard on them. the police should stop worrying whether or not their actions might cause one of these luvvies to get a bump on their head. if it was me i would tell the drivers of those armoured cars to just keep driving. in a middle of a recession these morons are costing decent people their jobs.

Absolutely! These rioters have done more harm than any terrorist. Just because they didn't use bombs doesn't make the damage any less severe.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 2:03pm
I've been watching News 24 on this most of the morning, and a comment made by one of the looters just made me livid. A reporter interviewed a teenage girl who had been looting a shop, and asked her "Why are you doing this? Who are you targeting here?", to which she replied "the rich people who run businesses, they're the problem, the rich people".

I'm furious. Do stupid, selfish, thick wastes of space like this not grasp that people who run businesses WORK REALLY HARD to earn their money. She probably couldn't begin to understand that as I bet other than strolling down the Job Centre to collect her benefits she's never done a days work in her pathetic life.

Sorry, end of rant.
Kind regards,
Tom
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 2:04pm
Who the does she think creates jobs and employs people exactly? Idiot.

If you're going to riot against something, at least understand it first.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 2:16pm
and taking others from nearby forces who are not experiencing any issues.

Right, so we know where the moronic kids will be going next then. Some poor towns are going to be unprotected.

There are rumours my town will be hit tonight from 6 o'clock. Came from intercepted Blackberry messages apparently.

I'll be ready for action when I pick my daughter up from work.

I better star limbering up ready, and polish the nunchaku. Wink

Do you think I should take some throwing stars?

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 3:19pm
My daughter has just rang me. There are police patrolling the streets in solihull town centre. Looks like she's going to be let out of work early.

Seems it was Blackberry messages that were intercepted.

I just hope a chunk of the 16,000 police sent to protect London, didn't come from Solihull.

VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 3:25pm
This is the problem. Moving resources from one place makes another void of cover.

I know why they won't send the army in - there is no-one left!

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 3:37pm
Yes but we have to protect Londoners Pointy... doesn't matter about us. Wink

Guess we will have to fend for ourselves. Then of course they'll arrest us if we bruise a chav.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 3:43pm
I know. I'm happy to defend myself, but I may get thrown in jail for doing so.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 6:07pm
you can bet your life that when all this is over, very few will be prosecuted, the CPS will see to that, those that do go to court will get told off, told not to do it again, will get 2 months community service orders that most will ignore and then the bleeding hearts will come out and say they all need help and love and are misunderstood! This country is far too soft on criminals. The police need to stop having their hands tied by buearocracy  and be allowed to to respond with every possible means. the courts need to stop handing out worthless sentences and the little f-ckwits that did this need a damn good hiding!!Angry
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by dodgy-alan dodgy-alan wrote:

will get 2 months community service orders 

Good! then they can clean and re do things in the local area. I dont understand why a kurfew is not in action, under 16s in before 9 and no one in a group of 5 or more hanging about in the streets :/

Also a automatic hefty fine any parent that lets a under 16 child out in the areas affected tho saying that not ALL were youths, pleanty of scum who are older to make up the numbers

Flightboy
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 6:24pm
Counted about 10 police in a group, marching along, in Solihull centre.  Another two with anti-stab jackets, and a couple of transit vans. One of the policeman said that they were expecting them by 5 but they hadn't arrived yet. He said when they do we will be ready.

Not sure how ready they will be with so few police.

All the jewelry shops had cleared their windows and shut up shop early. 

Apparently the police suspect it may be a diversion and they are really heading elsewhere.

Blackberry are temporally shutting down massinger apparently.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Flightboy Flightboy wrote:

Good! then they can clean and re do things in the local area. I dont understand why a kurfew is not in action, under 16s in before 9 and no one in a group of 5 or more hanging about in the streets :/

Also a automatic hefty fine any parent that lets a under 16 child out in the areas affected tho saying that not ALL were youths, pleanty of scum who are older to make up the numbers

Flightboy

For once we agree Flighty! Smile

Although to enforce a curfew, you need boots on the street, human resources. And that's the issue, we haven't got enough.

The police aren't being allowed to exercise all of their capabilities, and we have to wait till Thursday till Cameron decides to reconvene parliament. Confused
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Originally posted by Flightboy Flightboy wrote:

Flightboy

For once we agree Flighty! Smile

Although to enforce a curfew, you need boots on the street, human resources. And that's the issue, we haven't got enough.

The police aren't being allowed to exercise all of their capabilities, and we have to wait till Thursday till Cameron decides to reconvene parliament. Confused

I swear i almost fainted! Handy little map of the action as it occurs, seems a few minor things have happened already tonight but not in london....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/interactive/2011/aug/09/uk-riots-incident-map?CMP=twt_fd

Flightboy
Heinz57 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heinz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

The fire brigade need help too. 

They are. The fire department are helping by putting out the fires that these hooligans are starting. They can't go around dispersing the hooligans, they're too busy fighting the fires that they are starting.

I don't know if I agree or disagree with sending in the army. Sure, if the army were sent in, it might sort it out quicker. I reckon if these rioters went out and instead of seeing a team of riot police with clubs, they instead seen a squad of trained soldiers with loaded rifles. They'd soon clear off.

But then again, what would this country be coming to if we had to use the armed forces to patrol our streets at night?
Plus, if the soldiers were sent in, and people did get killed. That might make things kick off even more.

I think the reason its got this far is indeed because the police are powerless, they can't do anything. They have to fill out aload of paper work just to someone out whos playing music too load. It needs to be like the old days where the police were something to fear, where they would charge down the street trunchens raised at the slightest hint of trouble.

This may have started from a fatal shooting by the police last week. But its got nothing to do with that now has it. Its just an excuse for people to riot and smash London to bits. Its like the student riots but 10 times worse. Just thugs turning a peaceful protest into a full scale riot. Itll be the same rioters too. I'm sure many of those rioters are vetrans of the student riots.
Jazz that's not a drawer its a trash compactor. And when Uncle Phil sees this it'll be a Jazz Compactor
scampy View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 7:47pm
I'm hoping it rains tonight people will stay home.

I think sending soldiers to do a job that the police have the capability to do is a waste of money. For the reason that they will have their hands tied the same as the police all people will see is another person just in a different uniform.
.......... блять
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 8:20pm
Quote They are. The fire department are helping by putting out the fires that these hooligans are starting. They can't go around dispersing the hooligans, they're too busy fighting the fires that they are starting.

Confused You didn't read that correctly. I said the fire brigade need help, not the fire brigade need to help!

The fire brigade have been assisted by the Army's "green goddesses" in the past. The forces are proficient at fighting fires.
Just heard from a friend, that 200 have got off the train and heading for our town centre.

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 8:21pm
I think sending soldiers to do a job that the police have the capability to do is a waste of money.

The police don't have the capability, that's the point.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 8:24pm
But then again, what would this country be coming to if we had to use the armed forces to patrol our streets at night?

That's not what we are talking about. We aren't talking about reading the riot act. we are talking about extra personnel provided by the military, with the police in overall power. More boots on the street, not Rambo style killing.
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 8:53pm
According to my friends in fulham is heating up again! see how the extra police manage i guess tho i dont fancy their job!

Flightboy
Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:14pm
This is sickening. Watford is being boarded up, Watford Costco shut down early, including the offices - which has never happend before.

If it hits Watford, I certainly won't be going to work tomorrow, especially as our offices sit on top of our warehouse.

Watching the news is awful, just seeing people smash shops open and take what they please. Everything is so surreal!

Matt.
Originally Posted by MartinW

I use mine for spare knickers when I'm traveling.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic