This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic X - No airports in TCC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vernongardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic X - No airports in TCC
    Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 9:16am
Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help me please?

I've just got a new Laptop running Windows 7 and installed FSX, PhotoRealistic Scenery, VFR Airfields and Traffic X. I get AI Traffic and have put some planes in my Hangar and flown them in FSX - So far really pleased.

My problem comes with TCC as some parts of TCC give me an 'Unhandled Exception' error and the Airports section shows no airports. I tried downloading the Presets and putting that in FSX but it hasn't made a difference. I also downloaded and ran the programme to identify any old BGL files - not sure quite how that programme was meant to work or which window was the key window but it didn't seem to identify any conflicting old style BGLs.

I'm possibly missing the obvious. Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Vernon
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 1:53pm
The old "Unhandled Exception" error again.  Yep, we've seen it before.  There are a number of threads in this forum about that one.  Thankfully, there is a solution ...

In that section is a file for download called "Presets.zip" (direct link to file: Presets.zip).

Following the instructions provided in the FAQ section, download and install the file as mentioned.

That should solve it for you.
vernongardner View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vernongardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 3:19pm
Thanks Freddy,

I'm now up and running on all cylingers.
I had previously tried that FAQ solution but had had no joy. As you re-iterated it, I thought I'd better go back and check again more thoroughly. By actually comparing files I could see that my previous extract hadn't replaced the original files (goodness knows where it put them). Extracting again, with care, and I've updated the Presets folder and TCC now shows all the Airports, Traffic Plans and Movements, without errors. Excellent.

Thanks again for your help.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 10:46pm
Excellent.  Glad you've got it working.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic