This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help with flight plan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supera380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help with flight plan
    Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 5:56pm
Hi,

I'm looking for a little help..

I'm trying to get this daily schedule to work for EDDF to KMIA and back but for some reason it errors out with the 50mins error. See screenshot at this link. Look at the last but one leg scheduled for Sunday.

Any ideas why and how to fix?

thx
Mark
supera380 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supera380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 7:34am
Hi,

Anyone have any ideas?

thx
Mark
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 10:33am
When working with WEEKLY scheduling, I have received this error many times myself.

I agree this error is a confusing one because it looks fine on the screen ...

Sunday's departure at EDDF at 9:50am is very clearly shown on the screen to be 50 minutes after the previous arrival time, on Sunday at 6:00am ...

However, despite what is being displayed on the screen, what's actually going on internally inside the program as it does its checks and calculations may indeed be a very different thing ...

I am not really sure, but I believe this may have something to do with the GMT times.  Notice on the screen that EDDF is shown as GMT +01:00 in yellow.  And KMIA on the screen is shown as GMT -05:00 in yellow.  I think the software works out that if the error leg shown in red was flown, and then its associated return leg is flown back, the arrival time for that return leg to EDDF would end up being AFTER the Monday 09:50am departure (the first leg at the very top of the screen).  Obviously it is not possible to have a Monday 9:50am departure from EDDF if the plane technically has not yet arrived back yet from that KMIA leg at the very bottom of the screen.

Now, as I said, I am not really sure about all of that because I am not able to work out the program's logic, even taking into account the GMT times.  So don't quote me on this being the actual reason for this error.  It just seems the only plausible GUESS I can come up with, without seeing how the program's code is written.

Suffice to say, I would just delete the last two legs in your screenshot (the one shown in red and the one under it) and everything would be happy.

A trick which sometimes can work is to REVERSE the departure and arrival airports.  This has the effect of putting the later GMT time on the right.  In other words, your first entry at the top is a 09:50am EDDF departure on Monday ... so, in this case, change EDDF and make it KMIA (and vice-versa, KMIA becomes EDDF) ... your first entry thus becomes a 09:50am KMIA departure on Monday.  And the arrival is therefore EDDF.  This reverses the yellow GMT times on the screen from the +01:00 and -05:00 order, and makes them -05:00 and +01:00.  Keeping the later GMT time always on the right when you do flight plans, seems to be the best way to go and you can usually manage to get all your planned schedules to fit in and work fine with this method.  Whilst this trick (tip?) more often than not seems to allow you to fit in all the required flights on all the planned days, there are ocassions when it doesn't work.  And, of course, it's especially frustrating if it doesn't work and you're trying to base your schedules on real-world published departure and arrival times at the correct respective airports at the correct corresponding days.  If it doesn't work one way, reverse the airports and try the other way.  If that still doesn't work ... then, sadly, you're stuck with mucking around to put in whatever you can which randomly seems to fit - even if this is not 100% what you want.
supera380 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supera380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 7:42am
Hi Freddy,

Thx for your reply and not sending a response sooner.

Yes, this is really weird. I am able to reproduce this issue repeatedly. I suspect a bug in the software.

I went ahead and raised a support ticket for this. Martyn from Customer Support is looking into this. I will let you and the community know what transpires here.
thx for your inputs. They are appreciated.Smile

Cheers
Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic