This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AI Callsigns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ED Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AI Callsigns
    Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 1:34am
I am currently running Traffic X with Edit Voicepack.  While I definitely hear more callsigns with EVP, there are still some ai planes that I only hear  the flight number. Spirit is one of them,but there are others.I checked the cfg files and under atc airline it says Spirit Airlines,not Spirit Wings.I think this is wrong and tried to change  it, but it wont allow me to do so. Says the file path or name may be wrong. Any ideas on how to work around this?      Thanks
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 9:53am
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, and your installation is in the "C:\Program Files\..." folder (or the "C:\Program Files (x86)\..." folder on a 64-bit machine), then be aware that Windows Vista and Windows 7, by design, lock that folder down for security reasons against viruses and malware.  In other words, Windows Vista and Windows 7 prevent the user from editing and modifying the files in that folder and any of the sub-folders under it.

In this case, to modify the aircraft.cfg file, COPY or MOVE it out of that folder and in to a folder which is NOT locked down by Windows.  The DESKTOP is a one such location.  COPY or MOVE the aircraft.cfg file to the Desktop.  You will now be able to edit and save it.  Once done and saved, COPY or MOVE it back in to it's original correct location.  Note that you may want to make a backup COPY of the file before you edit it.

Here is some further relevant information on ATC airline codes ...

FSX Default ATC Airline Codes
=========================================================

To get ATC to speak the proper AIRLINE name, enter the correct "atc_airline" and "atc_flight_number" in the [flightsim.x] section of the plane's aircraft.cfg file. For example, to get ATC to say "SPIRIT WINGS 1123", the [flightsim.x] section in your aircraft.cfg file would be:

[flightsim.1]
atc_airline=SPIRIT WINGS
atc_flight_number=1123

This applies to both AI models and user-flown planes.

The relevant codes to use reside in the airlines.cfg file and subsequently appear in the FSX aircraft dropdown interface on the aircraft selection screen.  However, the airlines.cfg file does NOT have to be populated with all of these codes in order for FSX to say the airline.  FSX will still say the airline regardless, as long as the correct code is assigned in the aircraft.cfg file.

Note:
The user-flown plane MUST have an atc_flight_number assigned to it for ATC to say the airline.  If there is no atc_flight_number, then ATC will simply call out the aircraft registration instead (eg, "Bombardier JA-068X"). So, if your user-flown plane is being referred to by ATC using the aircraft registration, check whether it has an atc_flight_number assigned or not in its aircraft.cfg file.

What follows are the default FSX ATC airline codes (they are the same as the FS2004 ones). 

The EditVoicepack program can be used to add to this list.

AB EX
ACES
ACTION AIR
ADRIA
AEGEAN
AERO ASIA
AEROFLOT
AEROMEXICO
AEROSVIT
AIR AFRIQUE
AIR ALFA
AIR ALGERIE
AIR AZORES
AIR BALTIC
AIR CALIN
AIR CANADA
AIR CHINA
AIR FORCE
AIR FORCE ONE
AIR FRANCE
AIR INDIA
AIR MACAU
AIR MALTA
AIR MAURITIUS
AIR ONE
AIR PORTUGAL
AIR SAHARA
AIR SHUTTLE
AIR TAHITI NUI
AIR VIA
AIRTRAN
AIRWAVE
ALASKA
ALITALIA
ALL NIPPON
ALLEGHENY
ALLEGIANT
ALLEGRO
ALOHA
AMERICAN
AMERICAN PACIFIC
AMERIJET
AMTRAN
ANATOLIA
ANE
ANSETT
ANTILLEAN
ANZA
ARGENTINA
ARMY
ARUBA
ASIAN EXPRESS
ASIANA
AUSTRALIAN
AUSTRIAN
AVENSA
AVIANCA
AVIATECA
BABY
BAHAMASAIR
BALKAN
BANGLADESHI
BIG A
BISCAYNE
BIZ EX
BLUE RIDGE
BLUE STREAK
BMI
BOURBON
BRAATHENS
BRITANNIA
BULGARIA
CACTUS
CAIR
CANADIAN
CANDLER
CANEX
CARGOLUX
CATHAY
CHALLENGE AIR CARGO
CHAUTAUQUA
CHINA EASTERN
CHINA SOUTHERN
CITRUS
CITY JET
COAST GUARD
COMAIR
CONDOR
CONTINENTAL
COPA
CORSAIR
CROATIA
CSA
CYPRUS
DELTA
DHL
DOLOMITI
DOMINICANA
DRAGONAIR
DREAM FLIGHT
DYNASTY
EAGLE FLIGHT
EASTERN
EDELWEISS
EGYPTAIR
EL AL
ELITE
EMERALD HARBOR AIR
EMERY
EMIRATES
ESTONIAN
ETHIOPIAN
ETIHAD
EUROPA
EUROWINGS
EVA
EVERGREEN
EXPO
FAR EASTERN
FED EX
FINE AIR
FINNAIR
FIRST AIR
FLAG SHIP
FRENCH LINE
FRONTIER FLIGHT
GAIA
GARUDA
GEMINI
GEORGIAN
GHANA
GIANT
GLOBAL FREIGHTWAYS
GULF FLIGHT
GUYANA JET
HAINAN
HARMONY
HAWAIIAN
HELIOS
HORIZON
IBERIA
ICE AIR
INDAIR
IRAN
ISTANBUL
JAMAICA
JAPAN AIR
JAT
JERSEY
JET BLUE
JET LINK
JET SET
JET USA
JORDANIAN
KENMORE AIR
KENYA
KESTREL
KITTY HAWK
KLM
KOREAN AIR
KUWAITI
LAKES AIR
LAN CHILE
LANDMARK
LAPA
LAUDA
LEGENDARY
LIBERTE
LIFEFLIGHT
LINK
LONG HORN
LOT
LTU
LUFTHANSA
LUXAIR
MACAIR
MAERSK AIR
MAGIC
MAHAN
MALAYSIAN
MALEV
MARINE
MARTINAIR
MERIDIANA
MESABA
MEXICANA
MID EX
MIDDLE EAST
MIDLAND
MIDWAY
MONARCH
MOROC AIR
NAMIBIA
NAVY
NEW ZEALAND
NIGERIA
NIGHT CARGO
NIUGINI
NORTH AMERICAN
NORTHWEST
OLYMPIC
OMAN AIR
OMNI
ONTARIO
ONUR AIR
ORANGE
ORBIS
ORBIT
OZARK
PACIFIC
PACIFICA
PAKISTANI
PAN AM
PHILIPPINE
POLAR TIGER
POLYNESIAN
PORTUGALIA
PRO AIR
QANTAS
QATAR
RADISAIR
RAM
RED ROCK
REGIONAL
ROYAL BRUNEI
ROYAL NEPAL
RUBENS
RYAN
SABENA
SAUDIA
SCANDINAVIAN
SEYCHELLES
SHAMROCK
SILK AIR
SINGAPORE
SKY EX
SKYTOUR
SKYWEST
SOAR
SOBELAIR
SOUTHWEST
SPANAIR
SPEED BIRD
SPIRIT WINGS
SPRINGBOK
SRI LANKAN
S-TAIL
SUN COUNTRY
SWISS
SWISSAIR
TACA
TAP
TAROM
THAI
TRADEWINDS
TRANSAT
TRANSAVIA
TURKISH
TWA
UNITED
UPS
US AIR
US AIR SHUTTLE
VANGUARD AIR
VARIG
VASP
VIETNAM
VIRGIN
VIRGIN BLUE
VOLARE
VOLGA
VOYAGE
WATER SKI
WEST
WEST INDIAN
WINDY CITY
WISCONSIN
WORLD
WORLD TRAVEL
YUKON
ZANTOP
dmelia View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmelia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 12:26pm
Freddy, I just got TrafficX... couldn't resist it for a tenner..It seems to me that some of the AI traffic is using the default FSX callsigns - "ORBIT NNN" for example, instead of "THOMSON682" for example. I'm not sure if I'm hearing default traffic as well as TFKX traffic - even though I don't see 'em, or if, as above, theres some edit I need to perform, and if there is, as above, do I need to manually make that change for every aircraft in the hangeer?

regards, Drew
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 11:30pm
I find that many of the Traffic X AI planes are already correctly set in their respective aircraft.cfg files.  Just Flight have done this for you.  You therefore should mostly hear the correct callsigns for the Traffic X AI planes.  I don't think you should be hearing ORBIT though, because the default FSX planes should not be flying after you've installed Traffic X.  You might just want to double-check that the default FSX planes are no longer appearing in your FSX (if you confirm that they are, and want help with that, then start a separate NEW THREAD for it rather than using this thread about Callsigns).

Note that, despite many of the Traffic X AI planes already being correctly set in their respective aircraft.cfg files, there does appear to be some which are NOT correctly set.  For those, yes, you would need to manually edit the atc_airline parameter in the aircraft.cfg file as per the list in the previous post above if you want to hear the correct callsign(s).  Remember though that if the atc_airline parameter is not set correctly in the aircraft.cfg file then ATC will simply not use a callsign for that plane at all, and will instead refer to it only by its FLIGHT NUMBER.  So making a change in the plane's aircraft.cfg file is OPTIONAL.  Personally, I tend not to make the change ... I'm usually happy hearing ATC referring to these planes with just the flight numbers.  I've only changed a handful ... those ones which relate specifically to the airlines which frequent the skies where I do most of my flying (Australia).  It's up to you.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic