This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air Southwest Dash 8 Q300

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Southwest Dash 8 Q300
    Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 1:51pm
Hi guys, I'm currently in the process of re writing the UKs flight plans and got to the point where I was writing Air Southwests flightplans.

I am having difficulties as the aircraft does not work. It is located in the JFAI_dash83 folder.

Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Has anyone had the same problem.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 7:30am
More information required ...  Specifically what do you mean when you say "the aircraft does not work" ... is it that the aircraft does not show up at the airports, or the aircraft does appear but it does not taxi/takeoff, or maybe the aircraft isn't available in the Traffic X Control Centre for you to make flight plans ... what?
thegeg View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 2:13pm
Many apologies, that post was rather vague.

The aircraft shows up in TCC, I am able to program flights ok. What the actual problem is, is that the aircraft does not show up in FSX at all.

Please note at this point, I have compiled the flight plans correctly as I have recreated flights for other airlines without issue. I have also tried to insert the textures in the other Dash 8 folder and edit the .cfg file. In this case the aircraft just shows up black, ie. The flight is programmed correctly however the textures do not work.

I have a feeling its the actual Dash 8-300 model that does not work but really wouldnt know what to do.

The folder JFAI_dash83 contains the following:

Model - JFAIDH83.mdl
model.cfg ([models] normal=JFAIDH83

Texture - Air Southwest and Carribean_new

Along with all the sound folders and aircraft.cfg etc...

In the aircraft.cfg folder what is the model=???? supposed to say? I have inserted JFAIDH83 to see if this works but still no luck. It used to say model=2.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 1:28am
There's no need to apologise for the vague initial post ...

Alright, really good information in your subsequent post.  Excellent.  This gives us something to go on.

My first thought would have been that you are not COMPILING the flight plans in TCC after you make flight plan changes.  However, you confirm that you ARE doing that, and that you have had success for other aircraft without issue.  OK, good, that confirms you know your way around the TCC editor and flight plans and compiling etc.  So we need to look elsewhere.

I've looked in OTHER folders at other planes in my "...\SimObjects\TrafficX\..." folder and opened their respective aircraft.cfg files.  I notice the other planes all have nothing (empty/blank) for "model= ".  Interestingly, my Dash83 has "model=2" like yours did.  However, considering all other planes have nothing for "model= ", then one might conclude that "model=2" is perhaps incorrect and it should instead be changed to just "model= " (leave it empty/blank).

I was unable to find or see any flight plans for this plane in TCC, but I know a few advanced methods for looking inside the actual flight plan files.  So, if I am looking at the correct details, according to the FILES for the default Traffic X flight plans, it looks like this aircraft should appear at Robert L. Bradshaw International (TKPK) a few times a day.  However, despite my sitting there at the Fuel Box and changing the simulator time in half-hourly intervals from dawn to dusk, this plane did not appear once at that airport.  This would seem to confirm your theory that maybe the aircraft does not work.  However, considering the possibility that the "model=2" line is incorrect in it's aircraft.cfg file, I wouldn't quite jump to that conclusion just yet.

Regarding "I have also tried to insert the textures in the other Dash 8 folder and edit the .cfg file. In this case the aircraft just shows up black, ie. The flight is programmed correctly however the textures do not work." ...  You need to do a couple of different steps with textures to get them to appear on aircraft.  Sadly, it is not as simple as just copying the texture folder and then editing the aircraft.cfg file to add the relevant details.  That won't work.  If you want to use the Dash83's textures on the Dash8-x00 model, then you would need to use the Traffic X REPAINT tool to achieve that.  You would first add a NEW LIVERY to the Dash8-x00 model (this step edits the Dash8-x00's aircraft.cfg file for you and adds the relevant details, as well as creating a new texture folder for your texture).  Then you would actually edit the livery texture for the newly created livery name, still in the Traffic X REPAINT program, and using Photoshop or whatever, to copy/edit the Dash83's textures on to the Dash8-x00 model.  And then, finally, saving it.  After that, you have to use the FLEET DATABASE screen of TCC and click the UPDATE FROM CFGs button to import the new details in to Traffic X so that you can use this "new plane" for flight plans.

But ... before all of that ... I would just change the "model=2" line in the Dash83 aircraft.cfg file.  Change it to be empty/blank as described above.  That makes it consistent with how it is for all the other Traffic X planes.  After doing that, I would then go in to the FLEET DATABASE screen of TCC and click the UPDATE FROM CFGs button, just in case this change requires that.  I would then recompile the flight plans and see what happens.

Let us know.
HelpSlipknotFranklin View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelpSlipknotFranklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 6:20pm

had to register because of this thread.

Im having the same issue with my 737-3s.

Everything seems good to go, but the 733's are not being displayed. Not a huge deal, but something that bugs me from time to time..

also, in the traffic paint kit, the 737-3, crj, and erj all come up with error. I cant select any of those files that are available to edit. The crj and erjs do perform in the simulator, I just cant edit their liveries.

I have done extensive work with the program and love it, but these issues are ones that come up from time to time.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 12:51am
Originally posted by HelpSlipknotFranklin HelpSlipknotFranklin wrote:

had to register because of this thread.  Im having the same issue with my 737-3s.  Everything seems good to go, but the 733's are not being displayed. Not a huge deal, but something that bugs me from time to time.

also, in the traffic paint kit, the 737-3, crj, and erj all come up with error. I cant select any of those files that are available to edit. The crj and erjs do perform in the simulator, I just cant edit their liveries.

I have done extensive work with the program and love it, but these issues are ones that come up from time to time.

Welcome!

The issues you describe sound to me like you don't have the Traffic X Service Pack installed.  Here is the list of fixes (I have highlighted three in red which may interest you the most): 
  • Fixes for the missing 737 & 757 AI variants.
  • ERJ model update.
  • Tutorials (located in Start Menu>Just Flight>Traffic X>Tutorials
  • All black aircraft are now fully textured.
  • Aircraft spooling up sounds amended. The audible range of sounds should be realistic.
  • B787 AI sound adding to B757>B787.
  • Missing sounds on flyable aircraft now corrected.
  • AFCAD fixes for areas reported as having missing building or Autogen.
  • Improved randomisation of aircraft tail numbers.
  • TrafficControlCentre revisions to prevent traffic database compilation errors.
  • Qantas Link MD87 texture corrected.
  • Re-establishing the dummy AA liveries.
  • Several minor bug fixes for the TrafficControlCentre.
  • Palmair European added to Airline list.
  • All aircraft now import into the paint tool.

You can find and download the Traffic X Service Pack from the Just Flight Traffic X FAQ page (here: FAQ for Traffic X) which has a lot of extra good details and other downloads that you may also want to check out (not just on the main front screen, but also in the File Downloads link as well).

If you think you do already have the Traffic X Service Pack installed, then be aware that it won't hurt anything if you do download it and install it again ... it will simply install over the top of your existing install and won't need to change anything.  Unfortunately there really is no way to tell if the Service Pack is already included or installed with your version because Traffic X doesn't display a version number or anything.  So I would just download it and install it anyway - to be sure.
HelpSlipknotFranklin View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelpSlipknotFranklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 5:11pm
thanks for the reply Freddy.

the service pack had been isntalled long ago, and a check of my Airline list confirmed that Palmair European was located where it should be.

should there be a texture folder in the 733 that is called bm1?

bm1 has a modified date of 03/2011 when the rest all have 02/2009 as a date.

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 11:18am
Here is a screenshot of the BMI folder on my PC.  Along with the PROPERTIES page for you to compare.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic