This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-3 Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transponder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0Artur0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transponder
    Posted: 31 May 2011 at 2:02pm
Does DC-3 have transponder?
I'm using Radar Contact 4 and ATC demands from me that I set the squawk code.. how do I do that?
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 8:45pm
a transponder is an electronic device that produces a response when it receives a radio-frequency interrogation. In aviation, aircraft have transponders to assist in identifying them  on radar. in FS lot depends how you have flight settings easy or hard A pilot may be requested to squawk a given code by the air traffic controller via the radio, using a phrase such as "Cessna 123AB, squawk 0363". The pilot then selects the 0363 code on their transponder and the track on the radar screen of the air traffic controller are seen clearly
It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 8:48pm
I think he knows what it is, he just wants to know *where* it is on that type.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

I think he is new to FS.first topic on JF   

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by GEOFFERS GEOFFERS wrote:

Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

I think he is new to FS.first topic on JF   

Doesn't necessarily mean he has never used FS before though.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 10:03pm
First topic on JustFlight doesn't mean he's new to FS you know. I'd been using FS for 10+ years before I posted here. He wouldn't ask where the transponder was if he didn't understand the relationship between it and a squawk, he'd ask "what's a squawk?".
AirHauler Developer
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 12:00am
I don't think it does have a transponder, but then neither does the default FSX DC3.  If you want one then you'd have to add on to the panel yourself, if you know how to do that.

If you need help, let me know (PM me).  I know how to add items to the panel.
Greg
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 12:23am
I've just loaded it up and can't see a transponder anywhere on the panel/pop-up panels
AirHauler Developer
0Artur0 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0Artur0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 7:31am
Thanks guys! I thought it doesn't have a transponder, I'll probably add one myself editing panel.cfg (2d window popup).
True, this was my first post here but I'm not new to FS I just bought my first JF title.
For example, here's one of my FS videos: http://youtu.be/5HLDKLQAJ2g .. it's not DC-3 though Big%20smile
GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 10:51am
0Artur0 that has to be one of the best FS-X videos I have seen to date well done HeartThumbs%20Up it's hard on youtube to sort the fCensoredg cCensoredp from the good ones. hard to say the best one I like this one as well http://www.youtube.com/user/0Artur0#p/u/1/pbbpYZA2DtI do like the music

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 11:07am
Originally posted by 0Artur0 0Artur0 wrote:

Thanks guys! I thought it doesn't have a transponder, I'll probably add one myself editing panel.cfg (2d window popup).
True, this was my first post here but I'm not new to FS I just bought my first JF title.
For example, here's one of my FS videos: http://youtu.be/5HLDKLQAJ2g .. it's not DC-3 though Big%20smile
Great video! Big%20smile
rjpart View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjpart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 9:37am
I also like to use Radar Contact, but classic aircraft like the DC-3 and Connie don't have it. I would be very interested in advice on how to include a transponder, even if it is hidden away in a 2D pop-up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic