This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Samsung

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirbusLad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Samsung
    Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 2:04am
Hey Guys,

Just a warning about the new Samsung U900.

i Needed a new phone a few days ago, After having my heart set on the new Samsung U900 Soul i went to read some reviews but saw some people was complaining about how hard it is to hear people on the other end of the phone even with the sound being on FULL  along with the Bang and Olufsen speakers being not so loud as Samsung say they are and that the Battery cover on the back was a pain to get off but i said to myself surely it cant be that bad!.

I went to the store being very careful and talked to the guy about me reading about the problem. He was kind enough to use hes own phone and call me to show me that the Callers voice sound was good which it was,  Also play a sample tune on the phone to show the Bang and Olufsen speakers was up to say they was which they was, and also showed me that back cover wasn't so hard to get off. So after being happy with everything i bought the phone flat out as mine for £300. Being happy i got it home and started playing with it, Put all my songs on the phone then charged it up for a whole night (10 hours) Next morning got up. Went off to work and within the time it took me to get to work (30 minutes) i saw i've lost a bar of battery 'Okay i said to myself no problem' So started working and as my work means i have to use my phone for calls after making about 3 10 minute calls i saw i've lost another bar of battery 'That cant be right i say' So im now running low on battery. i make 1 last call and thats it! it dies. 'After a full nights charge about 10 hours all i get is 2 Hours battery?

So, he replaces the phone as we both think it could of been just a bad batch. So today the same things happen again. 10 hours charge for just 2 hours battery just listening to 30 minutes of music and making a few calls (Well to be spot on 3 15 minute calls today) So tomorrow im back to the shop to replace my Samsung U900 for a Sony Ericsson K850I as my Girlfriend has it and she just charges hers for a night and gets a week's battery out of it even listening to music! it also seems im not the only one. Just had a look and a few people are having the same problems, Getting only 5 hours of battery while on Stand by Shocked!

Now seeing that the Phones main points for being so high in the market are the Music player, the 5.0 Mega camera and not forgetting the Touch Pad  why didn't samsung think its going to need a abit more Battery power to help keep the phone alive while using all this? i've not even started with the Camera nor paying around with the Fancy Touch pad like chaning its Colour and so on so i hate to think how long the battery would last then!

i've had aload of phones and i mean aload! of every make,  Nokia, LG, 3, Sony, and so on but never ever had a Battery this bad on a phone!

it just goes to show you cant have looks awell as power, Its a lovely looking phone and feels very good but for £300 i want abit more battery power. So if your thinking of getting a new phone and like the Samsung be very carefull of the battery life! Saying that  Samsung might even make a more powerfull battery in a few months or could even me Fault with the phones or a few boxs of them.

MacBook Pro | 15inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display | Quad core Intel i7 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 | 512GB Solid State Drive

iPad 3 16GB Wi-Fi
iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi
iPhone 4S
iPhone 3GS
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 5:59am
HI there,

Sounds like a fault! Samsung phones are renound for having excellent battery life! and a quick look around for customer reviews seem to suggest that also! take it back =]

flightboy
AirbusLad View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirbusLad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 5:49pm
I've already had 2 mate and the same things happend, Anyway i took it back today. Asked for the Sony ericsson K850i which was £230 He then told me they had the Sony Ericsson C902 thats just come in for Pay as you Go for 250 which is an upgraded version of the K850i so i jumped at it and got it as its not even on The Carphone Warehouse's Website yet .and its still just on o2 Website as contract so i dunno whats happend but its 1 amazing phone. 5.0 Mega cam. Gr8 sounding Music player, and the phone's Screen lights up 8 Blue Touch Screen buttons when you are on Camera mood. 
MacBook Pro | 15inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display | Quad core Intel i7 2.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 | 512GB Solid State Drive

iPad 3 16GB Wi-Fi
iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi
iPhone 4S
iPhone 3GS
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 7:41pm
Is it touch screen at all?

My HTC TyTN II will last about 6 hours if I'm listening to music (Bluetooth), surfing the 'net (WiFi) and have 3G enabled. I can allegedly get 300 hours standby out of it, but I haven't really tested that yet. I'm guessing that is with the radio downgraded to GSM.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by AirbusLad AirbusLad wrote:

I've already had 2 mate and the same things happend, Anyway i took it back today. Asked for the Sony ericsson K850i which was £230 He then told me they had the Sony Ericsson C902 thats just come in for Pay as you Go for 250 which is an upgraded version of the K850i so i jumped at it and got it as its not even on The Carphone Warehouse's Website yet .and its still just on o2 Website as contract so i dunno whats happend but its 1 amazing phone. 5.0 Mega cam. Gr8 sounding Music player, and the phone's Screen lights up 8 Blue Touch Screen buttons when you are on Camera mood. 

Sounds good as long as it holds a charge .

flightboy
AirbusLad View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirbusLad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by VulcanB2 VulcanB2 wrote:

Is it touch screen at all?

My HTC TyTN II will last about 6 hours if I'm listening to music (Bluetooth), surfing the 'net (WiFi) and have 3G enabled. I can allegedly get 300 hours standby out of it, but I haven't really tested that yet. I'm guessing that is with the radio downgraded to GSM.

Best regards,
Vulcan.

The samsung U900 Vulcan? if so then yes, its got a touch screen pad on the front which you use, and the icons on it also change when your are in like new apps. I am 2 guessing that uses all of th battery too.

Oh its good flightboy . still a full battery after the whle of today. and i've used it non-stop.  Thats the Sony Ericsson C902 in case you think im talking about the U900 hehe

iPad 3 16GB Wi-Fi
iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi
iPhone 4S
iPhone 3GS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic