This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bin Laden Is Dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by RAS RAS wrote:

Nobody would care if they admit they went in with the intention of shooting on sight

Actually that was the purpose, and they said so on BBC World Service last night.

I find the whole "he resisted arrest, he refused, so we shot him" kind of lame when there must have been several armed SEALs there, and OBL without a gun. Couldn't they have just over-powered him?

Best regards,
Vulcan.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 7:30pm

Quote RAS -> "Put your hands up"
"No"
BANG

Martin W ->"Put your hands up!"

"Okay."

BANG

That would, of course be, "BANG - BANG", the famous "double-tap".  Put another way, anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.

I wouldn't want you to besmirch the boys' reputations by implying sloppy procedures.

John Allard
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 7:32pm
I think the proper way is...

"Put up your..."

BANG

"...hands"

BANG
John Allard
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 7:44pm
Big%20smile 

I think it was more than a double tap John, according to the news he was hit with several rounds. I think more than one of Seal Team 6 wanted a piece of the action.

Anyway, I can't stop, I'm off to play Call of duty Black Ops to practice my double tap.
papeg View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 8:33pm
Always, 2 in the chest and 1 in the head.
dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 9:20pm
Now the Yanks have changed there story several times and there is a growing school of thought that its a cover up and he,s not really dead at all. Even the proffessional bodies are starting to doubt it. One of the Arab repoters based in the UK said something which made everyone think. When Sadam Hussain was hanged, His body was shown to everyone, When his brothers were hanged, they too were shown, as to were several others, Yet all of a sudden OBL has mysteriously vanished, ostensibly over the side of a ship, the excuse being his body was too gruesome to show. Surely not as gruesome as seeing Sadams brothers head come off as they hanged him! Also during the operation the video link went mysteriusly  blank for 25 minutes during the time he was supposedly killed! very convenient.! personally I'm with the doubters.
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 9:44pm
No actually, the "excuse" was that he was disposed of in accordance with the proper procedures dictated by his religion.

Of course they've "changed their story". they were bound not to have the intricate details straight after the mission. the full details are reported afterwards. After the team has been fully debriefed.

personally I'm with the doubters.

I'm not. I see no reason why they should lie. If he was alive and escaped, then he would simply release another one of his videos and the truth would be revealed. If he's alive and in captivity, someone would eventually spill the beans. There's no reason they wouldn't admit it if he were alive.

Don't fall into the trap of believing the inevitable conspiracy theories that I predicted would soon be widespread on the Internet. Such things are a great way for money to be made. There will soon be individuals selling their "OBL not dead" videos and charging people to come to their conspiracy lectures. Smile

allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:00pm

I am utterly indifferent about releasing photos, video or other forms of "proof" that we got him and that he's dead.

I'm not fearful that releasing proof, however graphic and gruesome, will cause reprisals because the forces arrayed against us are already well-motivated.  If it fires them up a little more, so what?  They'll need a whole new organization and new plans now anyway because of the intel that was snatched along with his sorry butt.  Let them do their worst.  Everything he knew or his couriers knew is at least potentially compromised.

On the other hand, I feel no burning need for the US to prove that he's dead.  If he's not, al Quaeda will feel compelled to prove that in some way.  If he is dead, it will be well known to those in the organization by now and a new leader will emerge, most likely the Egyptian al Zawahiri unless an ambitious rival takes him out and assumes the mantle.  In either case the ascendency of the new Rat-King will become a matter of public knowledge sooner or later.  They are mostly not prone to modesty and the organization requires inspiration from the top for both recruitment and to keep the fires of radicalism stoked amongst those already aboard. 

If the US does no more and says no more, it will still be patently obvious within the next two or three months whether he's still in their midst or not.

I'd say the question of whether it was him or not is less credible than the question of whether he's really dead or is in secret captivity somewhere.  Now there's a question.

John Allard
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 11:49pm
Absolutely 0% doubt that this is anything less than genuine.
If it was fake then the timing makes no sense. Too far out from the elections to make a serious difference by the the time they come around. The reasons for not releasing pics is perfectly feasible as well. I don't think even Vulcan will be onboard with conspiracy theorists on this one. Then just tracked him down and took him out. Simple as that
I actually doubt whether they will get any intel from him at all. His status as worlds most wanted man will have made it impossible for him to have had any meaningful contact with anyone of significance for a long time. If they even have a centralized command structure at all anymore?
If he wasn't actually dead then why would the US take this risk. One hint of him still being alive and Obama would be out of a job.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 2:52am
I find it odd that the US are publicly debating the idea of releasing the photos, and constantly saying that they're "too gruesome". Of course they are - they apparently shot him more than once in the head, so things are going to be a bit of a mess (and frankly I'm surprised he is even identifiable).

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 8:30am
From the BBC...

Mr Obama said: "It is important for us to make sure that very graphic photos of somebody who was shot in the head are not floating around as an incitement to additional violence, as a propaganda tool. That's not who we are."

The US administration has been monitoring world reaction - amid conspiracy theories about the al-Qaeda leader following conflicting accounts given by US officials.

"There are going to be some folks who deny it. The fact of the matter is, you won't see Bin Laden walking on this Earth again," Mr Obama said.

Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 2:45pm
"incitement to additional violence"

I think the jihad extremists dont really need much else they are brainwashed to kill as it is! i say release them, theres far more gruesome things freely avalible online

Flightboy
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 5:43pm

Quote If he wasn't actually dead then why would the US take this risk. One hint of him still being alive and Obama would be out of a job.

I've been thinking about that and I'm not sure that's the case. 

What's the risk?  If he is still alive and being hidden and interrogated somewhere, it's not much differrent from other operations where we've targeted an AQ honcho, snatched him in the dark of night and took him to Guantanamo or elsewhere for some post-event R&R. 

In the final analysis, this guy alive would just be one more captured high-value enemy combatant.  Keeping it secret has all sorts of advantages, e.g. keeping the media and the international community from attemting to interfere and keeping the rest of AQ in the dark about having a living, breathing source until everything is completely squeezed out of him.

If it were found out that we have him alive, I don't think there's any real down-side except that the advantages of secrecy are lost.

The President has already survived dumber things than that and I don't see why that would bring him down.  I suspect he's only got about another year and a half in office anyway.

I'm inclined to agree that he probably really is dead and standing before God attempting to explain a few things, but I don't think it's entirely beyond the realm of possibility that he's still among the living wishing he were dead.

John Allard
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:58pm

Al Qaeda Confirms bin Laden Death and Vows Revenge

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/al-qaeda-confirms-bin-laden-death-monitoring-group-122049286.html

No need to release the photos now - the Rat-Pack has confirmed that the King-Rat is dead, or at least missing from his Rat-Hole.  Not unexpected.

John Allard
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 4:06pm

Pakistan Forces Arrest 40 Suspects Connected to Bin Laden

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/05/06/pakistan-forces-arrest-40-connected-bin-laden/

I had hoped this might happen.  With al Quaeda at its weakest in years, those elements in the Pakistani government who are not pro-Taliban may see this as an opportunity to clean house.  There have been a large number of attacks within Pakistan by al Quaeda and this may be seen as their best chance to quash it once and for all.

John Allard
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:03pm

I wonder if the anti-American demonstrators in the first photo in this article understand the irony and double-meaning of what's on their banner...

"GO AMERICA GO"

People on the opposite side of their issue might very well be chanting the same thing.

John Allard
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:22pm
Quote bin Laden’s clothing had two phone numbers sewn into it

One way to remember them I suppose!

Best regards,
Vulcan.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 1:52am
Yeah, DIAL-A-PRAYER and the Suicide Prevention Hot-Line.
John Allard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic