This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Sim X Training?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoesmith82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight Sim X Training?
    Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 2:02pm
Hi there,

I am just getting to grips with flight sim x deluxe and was wanting to know if there are any decent training guides so I can fly every plane. It seems like the learning centre is not comprehensive to each plane.

Ideally Im after a training guide to fly each plane from scratch so I know what each button does in the cockpit and how to learn to do approaches and navigation.

Something that starts at basic level and GRADUALLY MOVES up it.

It seems the learning centre is not structured and its not put into a decent order of learning and its not that descriptive.

So really I am after a training video or book that teaches the basics and moves it. I cant seem to find anything on the internet for this.

Thanks

Rob
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 7:43pm
Try the flight simulator x for pilots.  It dosent train you on every plane, but you start of in the Cub and slowly move your way up the ATPL.  Very good book.
jj163 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 9:40am
Agree with Tom there on FSX for Pilots.  Very good book to start with and some nice "lessons" set up that you read through then try flying it.  Starts you off in the Cub, then you go the C172, C172 Glass Cockpit, Mooney Bravo, Mooney Glass Cockpit and Baron, gives you a lot of useful stuff not in the learning centre, and the section on Instrument flying and approaches when you eventually get to it (you have to learn to walk before you can run!) is significantly better than the FS lessons.

jj
PPL, Night,IMC

"I used to be a pilot until I took an arrow to the knee."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic